• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Well Rumours that Uelese leaving so Mafi makes sense. Though that now leaves the hooking stocks in queensland fairly rubbish ...

I'd imagine Pone will stay with Talakai as back up.

I would have thought Talakai would have been a target of the Force as they will lose Medrano and likely Holmes. So perhaps Eloff (or Pone) is at the top of their "we desperately need a tighthead" list.
Or Eloff could go back to 1 if Talakai can come if the bench on the other side of the scrum

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Im pretty happy with current front row stocks, not the problem the Rebels have. It would be a great shame to lose the “Caboose”

Reactions: Tex

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I know we can "still make finals" but i'm a bit disappointed that Isaac Aedo Kailea get a run of 3-4 games in a row just so we can see if he is upto it or not.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I know we can "still make finals" but i'm a bit disappointed that Isaac Aedo Kailea get a run of 3-4 games in a row just so we can see if he is upto it or not.
No need to rush a 20yo prop, you wouldn't know if his upto it or not anyway. His still growing

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think it's more likely that chibba will hang up his boots before jordo heads overseas. I know he's slipped down the hooker pecking order, but his sense of Melbourne pride will probably keep him here.

Just _one_ season not ruined by injury is what he needs to give him a good shot at the Wallabies again.

Mafi will be a good signing. I didn't think we needed more props unless some are on the move?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have seen a lot of posts from the Brumbies about re-signings for next year and beyond. Nothing much from the Rebels thus far.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I think it's more likely that chibba will hang up his boots before jordo heads overseas. I know he's slipped down the hooker pecking order, but his sense of Melbourne pride will probably keep him here.

Just _one_ season not ruined by injury is what he needs to give him a good shot at the Wallabies again.

Mafi will be a good signing. I didn't think we needed more props unless some are on the move?
He's in with a shout at going to the WC in '23 so I expect him to hang for another season

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
That is his job, yes. Seems to coach a bit on the side too.

He does.

He ran an absolute masterclass (via Zoom) on scrums for the Vic coaches, which showcased his scrum work from the Harlequins open session early this year. One of many put on by RugbyVic, to help develop the next gen of coaches.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well Rumours that Uelese leaving so Mafi makes sense. Though that now leaves the hooking stocks in queensland fairly rubbish ...

I'd imagine Pone will stay with Talakai as back up.

I would have thought Talakai would have been a target of the Force as they will lose Medrano and likely Holmes. So perhaps Eloff (or Pone) is at the top of their "we desperately need a tighthead" list.
Brumbies even with Folau leaving have 3 super rugby ready and quality hookers. One of them to qld?