• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah not sure why unlocking the wingers is the big issue when we're talking about a man who breaks the line at ease.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
I am also not sure we have the wingers to unlock.
AK (Andrew Kellaway) is your classic super professional mistake free type winger but not exactly a line breaker.
Vaihu and Worth haven't shown enough to make me feel that they can be released either.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)

Wouldn’t knock back Tupou but I do value loyalty and would like to see him stay at the Reds I feel Kerevi would be a huge get.

TJ I am not sure the validity of that but he would offer some experience and leadership. Especially if To'omua is done after the head knocks TJ at 9 and Kerevi at 12 would be huge to support Gordon at 10.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)

Wouldn’t knock back Tupou but I do value loyalty and would like to see him stay at the Reds I feel Kerevi would be a huge get.

TJ I am not sure the validity of that but he would offer some experience and leadership. Especially if To'omua is done after the head knocks TJ at 9 and Kerevi at 12 would be huge to support Gordon at 10.
Is there substance to Horan’s comment? I thought it was an off the cuff comment that gained unwarranted traction.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Is there substance to Horan’s comment? I thought it was an off the cuff comment that gained unwarranted traction.
Not sure, think Kerevi is a big chance as he is reported to have a good relationship with Nick Styles. Unfortunately I think it would be a one year deal to be WC eligible.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Where are they getting the money for this?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Not sure, think Kerevi is a big chance as he is reported to have a good relationship with Nick Styles. Unfortunately I think it would be a one year deal to be WC eligible.
Bring Isaac Lucas back! I heard he's playing well in Japan and he will be elegible for them in a couple of years.

Rebels should target Aussie players playing overseas to strenght the Wallabies. Not neccesary the big names, spend a lot of money in an AB like TJ Perenara is a waste. Spend that money in Adam Coleman or someone like him

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Bring Isaac Lucas back! I heard he's playing well in Japan and he will be elegible for them in a couple of years.

Rebels should target Aussie players playing overseas to strenght the Wallabies. Not neccesary the big names, spend a lot of money in an AB like TJ Perenara is a waste. Spend that money in Adam Coleman or someone like him
Look I agree but most players who have gone overseas won’t want to take a pay cut. I feel like Kerevi is only considering it as it guarantees his WC selection

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Look I agree but most players who have gone overseas won’t want to take a pay cut. I feel like Kerevi is only considering it as it guarantees his WC selection
But a franchise player like TJ Perenara is not gonna play for free. If u gonna spend a HUGE amount for him, spend that HUGE amount for someone who's elegible for the national team

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
But a franchise player like TJ Perenara is not gonna play for free. If u gonna spend a HUGE amount for him, spend that HUGE amount for someone who's elegible for the national team
Look I do agree, I am not a fan of foreign players getting a game while we are limited to picking the wallabies from the 5 super sides