• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)

I know it's completely just hype from him and means fuck all. But he could switch to the other equally great & prestigious club at AAMI relatively easy, I'm sure the Rebels could squeeze him in somewhere.

Though I do note he has Irish ancestry so we'd probably get him in fighting shape before being signed by Connacht.
I've long thought he is the most obvious NRL target, as he has a complete point of difference positionally than anybody else in the country - and an elite background in the sport. Would be a great marketing tool for the Rebels too.

Marce

John Thornett (49)

I know it's completely just hype from him and means fuck all. But he could switch to the other equally great & prestigious club at AAMI relatively easy, I'm sure the Rebels could squeeze him in somewhere.

Though I do note he has Irish ancestry so we'd probably get him in fighting shape before being signed by Connacht.

“I’m not too sure what I want to do, I change my mind every day. “It’s hard to say [if I would join the Wallabies]. I’d be silly not to consider all my options.”

The lad wants to play for ABs as Kalyn Ponga. Let's be honest

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
“I’m not too sure what I want to do, I change my mind every day. “It’s hard to say [if I would join the Wallabies]. I’d be silly not to consider all my options.”

The lad wants to play for ABs as Kalyn Ponga. Let's be honest
But doesn't wanna do the hard yards of living in New Zealand :(

Marce

John Thornett (49)
But doesn't wanna do the hard yards of living in New Zealand :(
Compete for a spot at the WBs second row is easier than compete for an ABs spot. The smart move in terms of secure an international career quickly would be OZ but the heart speaks

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Absolutely but the guy doesnt work for the shipping company. The Dynasty jerseys shouldn't be so expensive too but the prices are not regulated by employees

The rebels can control whether dynasty are going to charge their members or not. Or simply make the pack available to be picked up from the game.

MelbourneRebels

Herbert Moran (7)
Pretty happy with the choice to choose Rebels membership merch instead of another cap. Been meaning to get myself a new gym towel so that's good.

Though, the $30 credit is undone completely by the $25 shipping fee.
Had to investigate so took a little bit longer than normal replies but, the shipping is done by weight, so $25 for a towel doesn't sound right. Nor can we find an order like that in our system where one towel = $25 fee. We've found an order with 5 items at $140 of value that had a $25 shipping fee.

Happy for you to DM me and we can follow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSR

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So super round is fast approach, and I'm looking forward to it.

For the regular members, have you been notified when you can access your members' seat for the Friday fixture? When I last spoke to someone in the membership team, I was told that someone/something (assume Salesforce) would contact me to register my seat for the REbels match.

@MelbourneRebels, anything that you can share with us?

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Be kind. The guy works for Rebels, not for the shipping company
The Rebels want to put themselves on here to engage with the fans, it's fair to ask a question of them. The Rebels do appoint their suppliers.

Also the questioning seems to be getting some results. Club knows about something it may not be aware of, members satisfaction increases. Win win. Lucky people didnt just ignore it as a shipping company problem.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I just noticed that Sione Tui has been quietly amassing caps for Stade Francais (2nd in the Top 14) on the wing. Started 8 times this season.

With Monty Ioane returning home to join Leota, Uelese, Fa'amausili, Hosea, Canham etc and Paisami, Pete Samu, the Tuipulotu boys (noticed a nice run by Moses on the weekend), Rob Valetini, there's a not insignificant amount of Victorian born & raised rugby players around now.

Obviously nowhere near QLD & NSW, but we're becoming a bit of a nursery. Brings a smile to my face.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

We are ppv now like Conor McGegor
I'd love to find out how many people actually buy these from BarTV. High Schools & Local Competitions manage to get events on YouTube/Facebook etc but these trials between professional organisations have been put on BarTV (which drops out a lot) and are ppv. It's lazy and does nothing for the supporter.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'd love to find out how many people actually buy these from BarTV. High Schools & Local Competitions manage to get events on YouTube/Facebook etc but these trials between professional organisations have been put on BarTV (which drops out a lot) and are ppv. It's lazy and does nothing for the supporter.
I paid seven bucks and missed out on about 15 minutes including the first Waratah try. Not a really good outcome and bloody expensive, especially as the camera work is pretty poor.

Was my first paid experience on BARTV and I'll think very hard before there'll be a second.