• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Couple of updates @RugbyReg

Nowlan def in japan, shared it on his insta of the club signing him just cant remember which one, might even be div 2
Vudogo, I think left the same week sef did & he went to the drua???
Wallis, def not given a new deal confirmed by Horan in the telecast today. Hope he finds a club even if japan pro d2 or a short term deal in the premiership as cover over the nov. test & 6N, He's too good to not be a professional somewhere.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Isaac AK (Andrew Kellaway) (Andrew Kellaway) most definitely - you just need to get him playing at prop!

I’m not sold in Jooste at all.
What's the go with him playing lock? Is that because UQ have a weakness there or his form at lock demands it? Can't say I've watched any UQ games. Is he too tall for prop?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What's the go with him playing lock? Is that because UQ have a weakness there or his form at lock demands it? Can't say I've watched any UQ games. Is he too tall for prop?

he's a former Number 8 so still adjusting to changes at lock. He's probably their best tight five player so needs to be in the team, but they also have two Reds props. Plus they don't seem to have fit traditional locks. They either play props there or backrowers

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
he's a former Number 8 so still adjusting to changes at lock. He's probably their best tight five player so needs to be in the team, but they also have two Reds props. Plus they don't seem to have fit traditional locks. They either play props there or backrowers

IAK a no. 8? i've only know him as a LHP

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wilkin play 8?
Hoping Ioane has been on a strict off season losing some kgs and getting his fitness up.

Bit surprised to see Ioane is 25, same age as Leota. He's been kicking around longer than I thought. I imagined he was relatively new to professional rugby and would have a big increase in ability after some time. Maybe not.