• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Both teams taking it seriously which is nice. Always worry these games are hit and giggle with limited gains, but think this has been a good hit out

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It was a good hit-out. As I don’t know the Liners not sure of their strength on the day (apart from Genia) but good to see some new Rebs blood get a run. I see a future Australia - Japan comp running Sep to Nov. Well, I can dream…

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
It was a good hit-out. As I don’t know the Liners not sure of their strength on the day (apart from Genia) but good to see some new Rebs blood get a run. I see a future Australia - Japan comp running Sep to Nov. Well, I can dream…

They just came up from the 2nd division, who knows how strong they were today

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought Ionae - the winger one did well, a lot of work off the ball, ran hard, passed when it was the better option, what youd expect from someone who is a test footballer
Angelo Smith was good and Cooper-Jones looked like he belonged.

Would of loved to see more from the starting front row, but they weren’t poor either.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I thought Ionae - the winger one did well, a lot of work off the ball, ran hard, passed when it was the better option, what youd expect from someone who is a test footballer

We wont get Monty before week 5 if not longer, it hurts but at least now days we have a system that brings through these guys!

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Angelo Smith was good and Cooper-Jones looked like he belonged.

Would of loved to see more from the starting front row, but they weren’t poor either.

Id like Orr to become a supersub, extend his career by a couple of years by only playing 30 min max & get his body in a shape to do that. Gibbon has marched past him & try to bring through IAK & the next one. We are better off having Cam around the club for a few years with his leadership than burn him out & ship him off.