• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wowza! good on Kev for having conviction it would have been bloody hard to tell your blue chip talent & future to "leave"

hopefully we see the rewards this year & the wallabies do in france

Good interview. Can't say I'm particularly optimistic about Foote though. Really hoping having two former HCs in Stiles and Sampson make it more of a triumvirate than solo Foote.

Excited for Gordon this year, apparently he's the 2nd fastest in the squad. Kemney too, crossing fingers he can stay injury free in Leota's absence. Unfortunately I think the Rebels season will be similar to last (and the Wallabies'), with a whole lot of "if only we had our full team", as we're without Pone, Leota, Philip.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Good interview. Can't say I'm particularly optimistic about Foote though. Really hoping having two former HCs in Stiles and Sampson make it more of a triumvirate than solo Foote.

Excited for Gordon this year, apparently he's the 2nd fastest in the squad. Kemney too, crossing fingers he can stay injury free in Leota's absence. Unfortunately I think the Rebels season will be similar to last (and the Wallabies'), with a whole lot of "if only we had our full team", as we're without Pone, Leota, Philip.

I think with the THP they will get rotated so I can imagine Eloff & Talakai will start the season & hopefully by week 3 Pone is ready to come off the bench. Hopefully they do the same with Orr/Gibbon/IAK & Mafa/Uelese/Fourie

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think with the THP they will get rotated so I can imagine Eloff & Talakai will start the season & hopefully by week 3 Pone is ready to come off the bench. Hopefully they do the same with Orr/Gibbon/IAK & Mafa/Uelese/Fourie
Good to hear about round 3 for Pone. I thought he was out for much longer. Philip must be back sooner than Leota yeah? I assume Leota won't play at all.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Good to hear about round 3 for Pone. I thought he was out for much longer. Philip must be back sooner than Leota yeah? I assume Leota won't play at all.

Pone was just a bad hamstring (i think)
Philip acl might struggle to get back
Leota was achillies what are they 6-9 months????

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
They know Monty is one their top 3 wingers but hasn't played since the AIs concluded. They'll miss him, but in a RWC year they'll be just as happy to give others a chance to figure out the pecking order and let him get some consistently rugby down here, then bring him back for their summer warm ups. Theoretically they could pull him in for the final two games but I don't see it happening.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
They know Monty is one their top 3 wingers but hasn't played since the AIs concluded. They'll miss him, but in a RWC year they'll be just as happy to give others a chance to figure out the pecking order and let him get some consistently rugby down here, then bring him back for their summer warm ups. Theoretically they could pull him in for the final two games but I don't see it happening.
Weird they don't know about the Rebels propensity for season ending injuries.

Also I doubt they even had a choice. Monty left in a fairly acrimonious way due to family demands, can't see how being based in Europe for 2 months of the 6N would help alleviate that.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
REBELS.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not great for Rob to hear it's still "the majority of the campaign" but it was to be expected with Matt.

Angelo probably the most exciting one: looks good from Hospital Cup highlights and he'll be familiar with a number of our boys.