• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
This pretty much as expected imo, I watched training on Tuesday, none of the Wallabies or Aus A tourists were in the opposed session, save Bobby T. Uelese, Kemmeny, Rangi and Louwrens were running with on and off with the “A” side so to speak. Only Leota and Philip not there, Hosea and Pone F were training but didn’t do opposed session. I was wondering who the big boy at 6 was. Ps Canham has grown - a lot !

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
This pretty much as expected imo, I watched training on Tuesday, none of the Wallabies or Aus A tourists were in the opposed session, save Bobby T. Uelese, Kemmeny, Rangi and Louwrens were running with on and off with the “A” side so to speak. Only Leota and Philip not there, Hosea and Pone F were training but didn’t do opposed session. I was wondering who the big boy at 6 was. Ps Canham has grown - a lot !
Up or out?

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Not good. I wanna give Foote a chance but I always cringe when coaches do culture things like “love” etc as culture buzzwords truly don’t make any difference in winning.

As pointed out before the match many players missing from the ideal starting team, so I’ll hold on to that.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Not good. I wanna give Foote a chance but I always cringe when coaches do culture things like “love” etc as culture buzzwords truly don’t make any difference in winning.

As pointed out before the match many players missing from the ideal starting team, so I’ll hold on to that.
You'd think a backline of Tuttle, Gordon, Vudogo, Nu'u, Ripley, Anderson and Jooste shouldn't have too much trouble connecting though. They've all been with the side for a while now.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I mean we have a great example in Dave Rennie just recently.

Sir Charles

Larry Dwyer (12)
It is worth noting it was 0-0 until the Rebels put their younger inexperienced players in the game with a sprinkle of Vets and they actually held their own, all Drua tries came from broken play which is where they are the most dangerous - I think this game was the perfect opportunity to blood in these young fellas, it is something that has been lacking at this level for a long time and the club will be better off for it in the long term.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
It is worth noting it was 0-0 until the Rebels put their younger inexperienced players in the game with a sprinkle of Vets and they actually held their own, all Drua tries came from broken play which is where they are the most dangerous - I think this game was the perfect opportunity to blood in these young fellas, it is something that has been lacking at this level for a long time and the club will be better off for it in the long term.
Also expecting the Drua to be substantially better than last year after a proper off season together.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It does sound like the conditions were pretty ordinary for the first half which goes someway to explaining the performance. Still, I'm not sure there's a heap of positives to take away from that.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
"The Rebels travelled to Fiji for the first time but left empty-handed, unable to turn a swag of possession into any points" rugby.com.au
deja vu, season 23 rinse and repeat the prior 11 years :(