• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2023

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think those three can certainly stay. The pack and the attacking play has been pretty good this year. Defence has been our issue resulting in those losses. We scored enough but gave the opposition some easy ones at times

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
The timing of these re-signings is very strange. Surely you wait until after the season
If clubs left signings to the end of the season, you’d end up with the scraps because everyone is looking for some job security. The pay isn’t football level pay, these guys have mortgages and families to pay for, so they couldn’t afford to find out about their employment status at seasons end to find out they no longer have a job and then spend the next 3-4 months looking for one because the other jobs have already gone because planning for next season is well underway.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If clubs left signings to the end of the season, you’d end up with the scraps because everyone is looking for some job security. The pay isn’t football level pay, these guys have mortgages and families to pay for, so they couldn’t afford to find out about their employment status at seasons end to find out they no longer have a job and then spend the next 3-4 months looking for one because the other jobs have already gone because planning for next season is well underway.
The fallacy of pro sports roster management

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Injury update
Leota - not actually clear but sounding like he can return probably in a month
Hardwick - available next couple weeks
Philip - done some lineout and scrumming this week, should be good to go for last few rounds of super
Tualima - Probably next season, maybe end of this if we're lucky

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Leota - not actually clear but sounding like he can return probably in a month
Hardwick - available next couple weeks
Philip - done some lineout and scrumming this week, should be good to go for last few rounds of super
Tualima - Probably next season, maybe end of this if we're lucky
Fuck imagine the pack we could put on the park in the last few weeks
1 Eloff/Gibbon
2 Mafi/Uelese
3 Pone/Talakai
4 Phillip/Canham
5 Hosea
6 Kemeny
7 Wilkin/Hardwick
8 Leota/Ekuasi

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
All good news. Rebels continue to do good things off field. just need to do the core job, start winning a few games

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Here me out here, is Canham the first “pure” Victorian pro rugby player? What I mean is I know there’s been other born and bred in Vic but they often have rugby blood in them usually PI or Saffers (or relocated from a rugby state) who were pushed into rugby and would never have given AFL a chance. Don’t know his background but I’m guessing he’s from a private school and discovered rugby there and made a big decision not to pursue a ruckman role in the AFL he’d be suited to and pursued rugby?

He’s going well.

Snowy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Here me out here, is Canham the first “pure” Victorian pro rugby player? What I mean is I know there’s been other born and bred in Vic but they often have rugby blood in them usually PI or Saffers (or relocated from a rugby state) who were pushed into rugby and would never have given AFL a chance. Don’t know his background but I’m guessing he’s from a private school and discovered rugby there and made a big decision not to pursue a ruckman role in the AFL he’d be suited to and pursued rugby?

He’s going well.
Ewen McKenzie Andrew Heath ?