• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

I'd love to know what the deal with Veainu is. Every time he's been on the park for the Rising or the Rebels he's been the best wing, TT just won't give him a shot. I feel sorry for the bloke, hope he leaves next year and makes everyone in Melbourne regret it.

maybe we can give him a nice home......although we do have two kiwi players of our own we decided would make better garden gnomes rather than rugby players :confused:

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Gents, I'm in town this evening with the family and have a leave pass for the rugby. Are there any GAGR enthusiasts that are meeting up somewhere pre - match? I'm staying in Albert St East Melbourne. I cone from a long line of GAGR members, contact @lindommer for character references.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
YMS just spoke to lindonmer we are at the PO hotel in Richmond until 6:20. We will be here after too. LIndonmer is sending you my number

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
10155975_1123747364305775_2198582392588584282_n.jpg

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Backline isn't necessarily unbalanced player wise, but positionally it is. If you rejigged it to look like this:

9. Stirzaker
10. Debreczeni
11. Crawford
12. Harris
13. Inman
14. Shipperly
15. Hegarty

It looks much nicer. Unfortunately, TT "knows" that Harris and Inman are best at 15 and 12, and won't move them unless there's no alternative, which creates the balance issues with a 10/15 on the wing and a wing at 13.
Swap Hegarty and Jack D around and that's what you will probably see a lot of in this game. TT has played Jack D there much of this season, just with no 10 on his back.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
If Tony is being a pig-headed arsehole and deliberately not picking Veainu for personal reasons, then yes, I'd agree with you.

But who knows what the reason is. Is Veainu not working hard at training, and other blokes are forcing selection ahead of him? Is he carrying a niggling injury? Is he Jewish and not able to play on Friday games?

Maybe he is as good or better as others in his position, but maybe he doesn't fit the current team dynamic and actually does need to move on. That is not an unprecedented situation for many players. Hell, I thought Nick Phipps was a disaster for us, but he went on to win a title at the Tahs and become a dead-set monty for the Wallaby scrummy position. Sometimes the "fit" just isn't there.

My point is, I'm sure there is a reason that might not be something that needs to come out from behind closed doors.

Maybe he's a Seventh-Day Adventist.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Did you hear that? The sound of canceled memberships for 2016 rebels fans.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Thought that was the right call to disallow the try but the ref is being very generous with the force entry to the breakdown. Any further and they will be on our side of the ruck

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
It may be technically correct but if they scored a few phases later no one would've looked at it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Fucks sake, TMO not keen to work any overtime tonight. Didn't really give that one the scrutiny it deserved.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Force do match up well with us. Weaknesses in our defence have always been around the fringes, and they're letting us play ball, forcing the mistakes.

Bit of a change to have all the 50/50s for to all the 50/50s against, but we should be good enough to win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.