• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Tribe 15/05/22 at AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would say Tribe will be knowing they maybe just a tad lucky, basically because they had Josh Ioane who seemd to be trying to make sure Rebels won!! He was beyond bad with some of the things he did.

I was also quite impressed with both Captains aftermatch interviews , Cane giving plenty of kudos to Rebels as he should, and I really liked Wells not accepting they should be proud of a close win after last week. More of the very improved expectations etc I think is coming from Aussie teams this year. I like the NO BLOODY EXCUSES, and it's the kind of thinking that will get Aus rugby humming again!!

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Probably one of the best matches the Rebels have ever played.

Pretty shattering way to lose though.

When we gave away penalty at breakdown it was here we go and then Wells stole the line out. We had hope again. Then clearing kick partially blocked.

Welcome to the life of a Rebels supporter.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The stubborn ref refusal to refer the early Rebs try to TMO the obvious difference............... and the Rebs pounced well on Chiefs cockups (Gordon intercept, Hodge reception when Reihana just stood there like a dope, Kellaway kick through try) .................but the Chiffs were their own worst enemy. Rebs didnt actually manufacture any points off their own ball.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
that number 22 for Rebels should never play again. Stuffed clearing kick then missed the tackle for the try. Congratulations to the other 22 in the Rebels squad. You showed a lot of ticker.

To be fair two other guys had already missed Norris by the time it was 22's turn...

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
They shouldn’t have taken Gordon off at the end. At least he would have cleared the kick. Good game Rebels. Back it up next wee
Rebels need to recruit better half to complement Tuttle then Powell. He makes too many errors, poor passes when he comes on. But for to give rebels credit for staying in the fight. Still too many errors at critical times but an improvement and the dominant scrum was a real positive.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've walked quite a few miles in your shoes, lol
Try being a tahs supporter last season. Still not convinced Foote right person but like the fact is he leaning heavily on Rennie and other wallaby assistant coach’s after last weeks heavy defeat. Sounds like lot more support from wallaby coaches for super rugby coaches and maybe this is partly contributing to improved oz super rugby performances

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Try being a tahs supporter last season. Still not convinced Foote right person but like the fact is he leaning heavily on Rennie and other wallaby assistant coach’s after last weeks heavy defeat. Sounds like lot more support from wallaby coaches for super rugby coaches and maybe this is partly contributing to improved oz super rugby performances
At least he is intelligent enough to know to seek assistance. He seems like an emotional coach, which can be good or bad depending on the the people around him at the Rebels. He does have the support of Stiles and Baden Stephens to balance that. There has been improvement, and the other consideration is who to replace him with. As mentioned previously, Eddie may be available.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Look a ref getting it wrong in play is one thing. But the arrogance of believing you are right and refusing to check is beyond belief
Your team looked good so there is a lot to be positive about. Rebels and Tahs were the best performing teams this week. Oh, how quickly the tables can turn.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What's wrong this weekend ? Rebels look to score and the ref wasn't even there to see and he says it's short ? Replays shows a try
And the number 3 was clearly onside on that massive shot. Great tackle and he came from onside if you watch it. Then he gets played off the ball and pushes back then gets a card ? How can teams be competitive with this crap going on.

Cheifs score a try 3 phases after a clear accidental offside that the ref played on from. Seen it a few times recently and it's allways a scrum to the defending team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.