• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Tribe 15/05/22 at AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
What's wrong this weekend ? Rebels look to score and the ref wasn't even there to see and he says it's short ? Replays shows a try
And the number 3 was clearly onside on that massive shot. Great tackle and he came from onside if you watch it. Then he gets played off the ball and pushes back then gets a card ? How can teams be competitive with this crap going on.

Cheifs score a try 3 phases after a clear accidental offside that the ref played on from. Seen it a few times recently and it's allways a scrum to the defending team.
The ref was a joke, I was abusing him at the ground and that is something I hate doing.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
it was still an easy side on tackle. No excuses, you guys wouldn't accept it in your teams.

Prop v outside back that close to the line & the prop is essentially already past the outside back? Only one possible result. Blame the bigger bodies who missed the prop before he breached the D-line, not the poor bugger trying to cover their arses.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The ref was a joke, I was abusing him at the ground and that is something I hate doing.
All weekend the Aussie teams have copped some seriously questionable refereeing.

I feel for the rebel supporters. Great bounce back from last week and should have seeled that win. When they took the 3 points go go outside of a penalty I had a feeling the cheifs would score a try to win. Would of prefered to see the rebels scrum 5m out as their scrum was dominant and they could have sealed the game there. Unlucky rebels.

Should Gordan be on the wing or fullback ? He is an average ball player but seems to have some serious pace.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Hey Dismal, what was the name of the worst commentators thread? I want to push Horan's case as "Next level" but couldn't find it
Great player, woeful commentator.
Nearly as bad as Phil Gould and Phil Kearns….
One of his best this year, after one good game for the Force, he calls for Pasitoa to be in the Wallabies Squad!
Please.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
I booed him in front of my small children which is something i hadn't contemplated I would need to hate doing until that moment - try scored right in front of them in their first game for years due to covid, no afternoon games, etc. The prick basically killed Santa.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I booed him in front of my small children which is something i hadn't contemplated I would need to hate doing until that moment - try scored right in front of them in their first game for years due to covid, no afternoon games, etc. The prick basically killed Santa.
Was so heartbreaking, they went to the TMO to card Pone as well. That makes it even worse

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
it was still an easy side on tackle. No excuses, you guys wouldn't accept it in y
To be fair two other guys had already missed Norris by the time it was 22's turn...

is that meant to be funny?

Prop v outside back that close to the line & the prop is essentially already past the outside back? Only one possible result. Blame the bigger bodies who missed the prop before he breached the D-line, not the poor bugger trying to cover their arses.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
I know it's a light comment. but we can't delight in another Australian team losing to a Kiwi one. We are, actually, all in this together. I'm 100% Waratahs but was still yelling at the TV for the Rebels as I was for the Reds, the Force and the Brumbies. We need to lose our parochialism to survive, IMHO.
I was supporting the Rebels. In fact, I'm not Australian native and I didn't play rugby club in Australia so I don't have any heritage for an Aussie grassroot club.

I used to support Reds long time ago when Horwill, QC (Quade Cooper), Genia and Digby Ioane played there. I supported Tahs when they won in 2014 and some years ago in lived in NSW for a while. For that reason I'm a Tahs supporter, cause I know Sydney and NSW very well and I have family living there but I support all the Aussie teams in Super Rugby. I have a special love for Straya lol

My message was a furious message against I don't know who, cause it was a historic victory for Rebels but they lost incredibly in the last seconds

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm not Australian native and I didn't play rugby club in Australia so I don't have any heritage for a Aussie grassroot club.

I used to support Reds long time ago when Horwill, Quade Cooper, Genia and Digby Ioane played there. I supported Tahs when they won in 2014
Time to turn that fairweather fandom to this years flavour of the month.....

blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png

Plenty of room aboard The 3-Headed Horseman Of The Auckpocalypse Bandwagon.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Time to turn that fairweather fandom to this years flavour of the month.....

blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png
blueslogosig.png

Plenty of room aboard The 3-Headed Horseman Of The Auckpocalypse Bandwagon.
I support Australia, mate. I used to support the Reds but I never been in QLD. I lived in Manly, Bondi and Greater Western Sydney. So NSW is in my heart ❤

I miss Straya! Rugby is a way to stay connected. Rugby League too lol

Greater Western Sydney
20220515_090319.jpg

Manly Oval
20220515_090305.jpg

Waverley Oval
20220515_090255.jpg

Last edited:

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Probably one of the best matches the Rebels have ever played.

Pretty shattering way to lose though.

When we gave away penalty at breakdown it was here we go and then Wells stole the line out. We had hope again. Then clearing kick partially blocked.

Welcome to the life of a Rebels supporter.
I don't understand why we even went to clear it. Surely the safer play would be for the forwards to stuff it up the jumper and grind out a few phases like Qld did to us a few weeks ago.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't understand why we even went to clear it. Surely the safer play would be for the forwards to stuff it up the jumper and grind out a few phases like Qld did to us a few weeks ago.
Give a way a penalty at the ruck, they kick to corner, maul try, same result. I didn't hate the clearance. Stupid by Hardwick though. Let Chiefs play under pressure and stuff up a pass.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Give a way a penalty at the ruck, they kick to corner, maul try, same result. I didn't hate the clearance. Stupid by Hardwick though. Let Chiefs play under pressure and stuff up a pass.
Yeah, but play it a few phases. They train that shit, that’s the pigs job, control possession. Go backwards if needs be. Pass to Hodge, he kicks it over the grandstand and hope they don’t score from 60 out.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Only just seen the Philip non-try. For what reason did he pull it back? Can't do audio right now.

Looked like a clear as day try on replay. Perplexing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was proper capitulation defence.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Only just seen the Philip non-try. For what reason did he pull it back? Can't do audio right now.

Looked like a clear as day try on replay. Perplexing.
He literally said something along the lines of 'he was short and it was white jumpers that drove it over the line.'

Now there are two premises here:
1. that it was in fact short (incorrect)
2. that white jumpers driving it over the line disqualifies the grounding when full control is maintained (irrelevant).

Hopefully someone can set me straight but from my viewing momentum never stopped and the ball was grounded under a pile of bodies. A try every day of the week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He literally said something along the lines of 'he was short and it was white jumpers that drove it over the line.'

Now there are two premises here:
1. that it was in fact short (incorrect)
2. that white jumpers driving it over the line disqualifies the grounding when full control is maintained (irrelevant).

Hopefully someone can set me straight but from my viewing momentum never stopped and the ball was grounded under a pile of bodies. A try every day of the week.
I go along with that Tex it has got me beat. looked like he had grounded it on the line to me.
As I don't agree with ref abuse or getting into them I can only assume he had called tackle, so Tribe had to release him, so then he figured the tackle was made and then couldn't reach out?? But it only thing I can think of, and don't didn't see or hear anything to show that was case.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I go along with that Tex it has got me beat. looked like he had grounded it on the line to me.
As I don't agree with ref abuse or getting into them I can only assume he had called tackle, so Tribe had to release him, so then he figured the tackle was made and then couldn't reach out?? But it only thing I can think of, and don't didn't see or hear anything to show that was case.
Couldn't reach out? Perhaps he mistakenly thought he was reffing a league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.