• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players, coaches and match officials.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Waratahs started there season with a shock loss, Rebels started with a shock first overseas win. Rebels have an extra 2 days recovery. This should be a interesting match.

Weary Dunlop is returning to Mexico.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
So what's the betting on number of changes Tony makes to the starting side this time around, will he keep it below 5?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match. EVER!
  2. Do not discuss other matches. EVER!
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters.
  5. Be respectful to players.
Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Reward the same pack, assuming Higgers gets off.

Burgess & Hegs in for Little Red and Big D. 50/50 on Harris/Hegs at 10/15. Meehan and Crawford onto the bench. Ben's been running at 10 during the preseason, in the unlikely event of H&H going down, he plays there.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Regarding Rule 2 (not discussing other matches), are we allowed to discuss the 2 teams involved matches they played this weekend? Shirley it will be relevant to their upcoming match.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm sure it's fine. As long as it's relevant to this weeks game.

Harris has to go to 10. He's not flashy, but he's solid. I believe he will win you more games than he will lose you.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Harris at 10 was excellent v the Cru. As you said Charger, while not the flashiest he does his job well and kicks like a metronome.

Burgess is really effective off the bench when the energy is flagging. Still I don't think we lose much with him starting. Meehan is a zippy little bugger and should be there as injury replacement only.

I'm not a betting man but I may have a wee flutter on the Rebels this week...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Higginbotham is spinning the Wheel of Misfortune tomorrow night at the judiciary so his playing status will be known later tomorrow night.

Who is the likely replacement at 8 if he does miss the game?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The issue is that McMahon and Colby both had blinders. To bring in Fugs for Captain would be using a trio of Opensides.

Samo could come straight in, with Fugs in for Colby. Or Timani could move to 8 and a new lock.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Who is the likely replacement at 8 if he does miss the game?

Would have to assume that Timani on even Jones would shift to 8. Than Jefferies or Neville to start at lock.

So many combinations running through my mind that I will just wait to see what happens tomorrow. Having looked at it again and again I think Higgers is going to be on a holiday for a few weeks. His tract record is not great so his in trouble.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So I assume Stirzaker took the week rather than contest because Burgess is just as good anyway..

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Stomping Richie McCaw. No excuse for stomping, but refs really need to do something about Richie lying at the back of the ruck. YCs might be the answer.

I think it was in the Blues v Chiefs game. One of the Chiefs locks, Matt Symons was lying on the wrong side and not rolling away and Jimmy Cowan started slapping at him.

It was obvious, drew the referee's attention to it and resulted in a yellow card against the Chiefs.

Much smarter play than trying to stomp on a player that is just going to get the decision reversed against your side.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think it was in the Blues v Chiefs game. One of the Chiefs locks, Matt Symons was lying on the wrong side and not rolling away and Jimmy Cowan started slapping at him.

It was obvious, drew the referee's attention to it and resulted in a yellow card against the Chiefs.

Much smarter play than trying to stomp on a player that is just going to get the decision reversed against your side.

Yeah - I saw that as well. But probably not quite on topic to bring up another game situation.:D

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
If Jack D can't play then I reckon Harris to 10 and Placid start at 15, keep Hegarty on the bench as he's better 10/15 cover than Placid.

If Higgers also gets a week off for the touching the GOAT too then it's a bit of an interesting question. I suspect that Timani would move to 8 with Neville parachuted in with something to prove.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)

not only that, but Burgess did exactly the same late in the game against the cru, something about old bulls and new ones.

Stizaker really needs to keep the "enthusiasm" in check if he is going to be a longterm captain prospect, two games out of there so far now he has been carded

Status
Not open for further replies.