• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies, Friday 9 March AAMI Park, 7.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Naisarani and Timani/Mafi bang heads for 65 minutes, and Melbourne product Lealiifano come home after his bout with the 'big C'.

Some question marks over the Brumbies after being pushed closer than expected by the Moondogs and getting pipped by a try-less Reds.

Rebels have room to improve but after two solid wins, would be training with their tails up.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
How long is Sio out for?
Alexander was poor last week and Mayhew has only had one trot back from injury. They really need him out there for this one.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
if Koriobete is fit where do you put Maddox ,, he has been outstanding i reckon , he would be in everything except a shit sandwich ( and thats only because he does not like bread ) hard to bench that enthusiasm , DHP as well has been consistently good ,,, Brumbies will be sooky about the reds game , should be a cracker

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Can't fault DHP so far, nor Sefa. Koroibete still hasn't hit his straps yet so perhaps a return via the bench?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I was thinking maybe English would be on the bench with Sefa moving into 13 and Koroibete and Maddocks on the wing? But English has been very good as well recently and might be better suited defensively against Kurindrani than Sefa so Koroibete could well be introduced via the bench.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I was thinking maybe English would be on the bench with Sefa moving into 13 and Koroibete and Maddocks on the wing? But English has been very good as well recently and might be better suited defensively against Kurindrani than Sefa so Koroibete could well be introduced via the bench.

Sefa v Kuridrani is another ripper combo. Should be a great game for spectators

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
if Koriobete is fit where do you put Maddox ,, he has been outstanding i reckon , he would be in everything except a shit sandwich ( and thats only because he does not like bread ) hard to bench that enthusiasm , DHP as well has been consistently good ,,, Brumbies will be sooky about the reds game , should be a cracker
Maybe Maddocks starts at 10 with JD on the bench in case it all goes tits up?

I'd prefer to see Koroibete come off the bench though. I wouldn't like to see too many changes - at least until we lose a game.

It's a good problem to have, which ever way you slice it.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

I'd prefer to see Koroibete come off the bench though. I wouldn't like to see too many changes - at least until we lose a game.

I'm not a big JD fan, but for the sake of trying to rebuild his confidence he lost under TT I would not be benching him. Think we manage a win over the Ponies he might actually regain some belief in his ability at this level. Hodge needs the kicking duties though.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yeah, despite all i'd not change much. MK on the bench and Maddocks to stay or vice versa, despite his three tries. perhaps sub Sefa for MK ?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Looking forward to coming down for this one.

Brumbies will be determined to prove a couple of points; after letting themselves down against the Reds last week and in Melbourne last year. Will be very tight, I'd imagine.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
i think i agree , leave the team ( winning team ) as it is , MK can come back via the bench ,, i just have a feeling the Brumbies might try a power play on our pack , will be an interesting test and good to watch , we need to stop dropping the ball and giving away penalties ( though i thought the ref against the wolves refereed us a bit more than them )

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
looking forward to a good contest, am nervous since the Brumbies were ladder leaders, so anything could happen, but right now, they have not played the attack I would have expected - whereas the new look Rebels have done everything right so far - attack and defence. My oh my, but I want this win

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

JD doesn't offer much at 10. With Genia next to him, Maddocks would prolly do orite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
JD doesn't offer much at 10. With Genia next to him, Maddocks would prolly do orite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

With Genia at 9 you or I would probably do alright. But the Rebels do really need to find someone to fill that black hole at 10. Geina is filling the gap but the longer he has to do that the more of a toll it'll take on his body.

If they can be convinced to pick up Quade Cooper (the ARU are apparently pushing this), that could really transform the team from middling power to title contender.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Geez you blokes are tough. on the weekend, JD played a direct role in 3 of the 5 tries, soft hands and deft passes. He is going well, lucky to have Genia, yes, but doing all that is asked of him. Of the australian 20’s only Lance has played as well imo. I love QC (Quade Cooper) but leave him in Qld

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Just to be clear, I'm not advocating for Maddocks at 10. Just saying it's a possibility now that Marika is back.

13 tries in two games would suggest that our current Stand Off isn't doing too badly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.