• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Crusaders Rnd 12 Super Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I won't post my views of the game, others have already done so well.

But as a Rebels member I'd like to send a message to the boys. Damn proud of the way you played. The fortitude and commitment you showed to hammering the saders into a box in that second half, and crucially closing them out in the last 20 made me proud to be Australian.

Finally to Gerrardo - you would be in my Wallabies team if I was selector.

Ath.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Weren't there naysayers when Larkham, a proven world-class player at fullback, was moved to 10? Weren't there people saying it would blunt his effectiveness?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Weren't there naysayers when Larkham, a proven world-class player at fullback, was moved to 10? Weren't there people saying it would blunt his effectiveness?
That was a little before I started writing on rugby forums in 1999 or late 1998; so I don't know if that it's true about rugby forum posters - and I don't recall that there were any Aussie rugby forums then anyway.

Maybe journos wrote negatively, but I have forgotten. Maybe there are some old newspaper articles on the matter that some G&G beaver can resurrect.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done to the Rebels. They ensured they used their quick ball to good effect. I thought Pyle shouldve got MOTM. Phipps was very good again. Gerrard's long boot still very very effective.

Best game I've seen from Blake for some time.

Saders were very poor. Fruean ineffectual. Was very disappointed by the resting of Dagg and Donnelly.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The best thing about last night - above all else - was the 18,450 crowd.

After seeing that performance from the home team, every single one of them will be back.

Absolutely. This was probably our 2nd biggest crowd after our first ever game (though it was a distant second).

In that first game we played poorly, which was to be expected, and all the "let's see what this is about" type punters showed no interest in going to another game.

The difference this time was we played well and attractively which will see more of them return. Good business, and rugby.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
That was a little before I started writing on rugby forums in 1999 or late 1998; so I don't know if that it's true about rugby forum posters - and I don't recall that there were any Aussie rugby forums then anyway.

Maybe journos wrote negatively, but I have forgotten. Maybe there are some old newspaper articles on the matter that some G&G beaver can resurrect.

I have the first test of Larkham on VHS. Aust. V England 1998. Chris Handy most noteably was fairly scathing about "taking Australia's best fullback and moving him to flyhalf..." We know how that game and then Bernie's career turned out at 10 out don't we and Bhudda admitted as such just after 1/2 time in that 1998 game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have the first test of Larkham on VHS. Aust. V England 1998. Chris Handy most noteably was fairly scathing about "taking Australia's best fullback and moving him to flyhalf..." We know how that game and then Bernie's career turned out at 10 out don't we and Bhudda admitted as such just after 1/2 time in that 1998 game.

One of my favourite Wallaby teams, was nicely balanced. And they put on an awesome score against what was close to a second string touring English side, notable for the debut of one Jonny Wilkonson. Shame their wasn't a repeat of that game in 2003...

Status
Not open for further replies.