• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force - Friday 26 May 2023

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Force fans. I feel for ya tonight. Your boys just have not turned up. Something as a rebels fan I am all too familiar with.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What’s the Rebels biggest victory? First rebels game I’m keen to rewatch
Apparently that is it, he clarified at home so maybe Rebels beat the Sunwolves by more once.

edit: they did, 52-7 in 2018 in Tokyo

Last edited:

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So he gets picked for his place kicking??
He stymies the attack. Always has and always will.
Not even his place kicking, just his long place kicking. And maybe his positional versatility. You want Quade or Foley slotting a 50m penalty down by 2 to win a RWC playoff match?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
How's the commentators making something out of the rebels only winning 3 games but apparently should be 6th hahahah. Don't talk about the force losing by less than 7 2 or 3 times in NZ and having to travel to NZ twice and over east 4 times.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Congrats rebels. Force clearly don't like playing in Melbourne. Second worst effort of the year for them.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
How's the commentators making something out of the rebels only winning 3 games but apparently should be 6th hahahah. Don't talk about the force losing by less than 7 2 or 3 times in NZ and having to travel to NZ twice and over east 4 times.
Every team travels to NZ 2 or 3 times.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Not even his place kicking, just his long place kicking. And maybe his positional versatility. You want Quade or Foley slotting a 50m penalty down by 2 to win a RWC playoff match?
I would much prefer Hodge taking the kick then. But does that justify a position in the 23?
would you prefer Hodge or Quade / Foley if we are 6 points down and in our own half with seconds left in a playoff game?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While Shiggins is having a bit of a whinge, Force played 4 games in NZ. They had a three game tour, and then went back. No other team has done that.
It’s an issue with the scheduling.
Should help you guys next year

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Was only hos 4th game, thought hos communication was pretty good.
Some of his calls were questionable, but what reds isn’t?
He was OK. He was willing to change calls and the game wasn’t about him.
No issue there.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think 6th would have been a fair finish this year given how the team played. Only issue is we regularly found ways to lose games or if we are well up losing winning bonus points.

It's been great to watch the rebels for most games this year but so frustrating watching them hand over points late in the game.

The force were not really here tonight but it was nice to see the rebels show some killer instinct for a change

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would much prefer Hodge taking the kick then. But does that justify a position in the 23?
would you prefer Hodge or Quade / Foley if we are 6 points down and in our own half with seconds left in a playoff game?
But ideally, Quade/Foley are still playing 10 in that scenario, Hodge can come on at 12/13/14/11/15 and slot a 50m. He offers more over Petaia/Kellaway/Wright/Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) as #23