• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force - Friday 26 May 2023

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I think 6th would have been a fair finish this year given how the team played. Only issue is we regularly found ways to lose games or if we are well up losing winning bonus points.

It's been great to watch the rebels for most games this year but so frustrating watching them hand over points late in the game.

The force were not really here tonight but it was nice to see the rebels show some killer instinct for a change
But the Rebels lost games. They don’t deserve to finish 6th because they didn’t win many games.
I mean, there is a measure of how a team goes through the season. The Rebels bench is poor and has lost them games. That is a part of the game and hence they don’t deserve to be higher on the ladder.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Where's pulu? Had the head injury a few games ago. Force have really struggled missing their best outside back for most the year

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
But ideally, Quade/Foley are still playing 10 in that scenario, Hodge can come on at 12/13/14/11/15 and slot a 50m. He offers more over Petaia/Kellaway/Wright/Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) as #23
Ok. I don’t agree. In that scenario, I would much prefer any of those other guys you mentioned to be on the field.
And in most scenarios I would prefer the other guys you mentioned.
Only in the rare case of a place kick 50m out to win a game would I want Hidge.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Where's pulu? Had the head injury a few games ago. Force have really struggled missing their best outside back for most the year
Kiribige and Mataele are better than Pulu, and Pulu isn’t a fullback. Not sure if he breaks into the team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok. I don’t agree. In that scenario, I would much prefer any of those other guys you mentioned to be on the field.
And in most scenarios I would prefer the other guys you mentioned.
Only in the rare case of a place kick 50m out to win a game would I want Hidge.
Of course Ryan Lonergan or White are also long distance options too, so maybe Hodge only makes 23 if McDermott is on the bench.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It’s been said a million times but if Uelese can improve his line out throws a little more, the wallabies hooker spot is his. He’s slightly improved over the years but needs to be better still to be a realistic chance. But he’s a weapon at scrum time
More like if he can stay on the paddock. It's been luck this for 3 years.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Way too much travel this year. Over 40000km. Over double anyone else has done.
While I agree the draw was awful for the Force (and they lost a home game to that super round), but that figure is misleading and artificially increased because any travel for the Force is a minimum of 3k km.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Of course Ryan Lonergan or White are also long distance options too, so maybe Hodge only makes 23 if McDermott is on the bench.
Yeah, I’d bring Hodge in the squad. But he is not a part of the top 23.
Having said that, knock out games are defensive and win by kicking. So maybe he has a place.
There are likely reasons I am not a Wallaby selector or coach.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
One of the best Rebels performances ever. Very happy on way home.

Could we go to Canberra pinch a win against the Brumbies and a finals spot?

Or will it be another of those near misses? After tomorrow could be 3 points separating 7th and 11th.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
While Shiggins is having a bit of a whinge, Force played 4 games in NZ. They had a three game tour, and then went back. No other team has done that.
It’s an issue with the scheduling.
Wasn't having a whinge. I just think it's funny how the force against all odds have done better than we thought expecialy considering they almost came away with a win or two in New Zealand but all the commentators talk about is the rebels should be 6th

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I think 6th would have been a fair finish this year given how the team played. Only issue is we regularly found ways to lose games or if we are well up losing winning bonus points.

It's been great to watch the rebels for most games this year but so frustrating watching them hand over points late in the game.

The force were not really here tonight but it was nice to see the rebels show some killer instinct for a change
Rebels played great mate. Finished very well in tonight's game. But if the rebels should have finished 6th that would mean the force should have finished top 5 which is laughable.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Kiribige and Mataele are better than Pulu, and Pulu isn’t a fullback. Not sure if he breaks into the team.
Couldn't disagree more. Pulu is way better than Mataele. Mataele is very inconsistent and even this year being one of his best years it's still not as good as Pulu. kiribige has been great but I rate Pulu over him

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Cracking win rebels ! I've been a massive fan of Gordan this year. His defence and work around the ruck is something us Aussies are not used to seeing our 10s do.