• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force - Friday 26 May 2023

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Not even his place kicking, just his long place kicking. And maybe his positional versatility. You want Quade or Foley slotting a 50m penalty down by 2 to win a RWC playoff match?
No for Fark sake all 3 in some way or another have been involved in some of the worst Wallabies games in the last 12 years or so! Time to grow some kahunas and part ways with them.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Couldn't disagree more. Pulu is way better than Mataele. Mataele is very inconsistent and even this year being one of his best years it's still not as good as Pulu. kiribige has been great but I rate Pulu over him
Kiribige is one of the best wings out there. I hope we keep him next year.
Mataele can break defences.
Pulu is solid but not going to score the types of tries Mataele or Kiribige can.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No for Fark sake all 3 in some way or another have been involved in some of the worst Wallabies games in the last 12 years or so! Time to grow some kahunas and part ways with them.
So we're playing debutantes all round? Cool

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
One of the best Rebels performances ever. Very happy on way home.

Could we go to Canberra pinch a win against the Brumbies and a finals spot?

Or will it be another of those near misses? After tomorrow could be 3 points separating 7th and 11th.
Yeah Scoot I reckon you blokes are good enough to do it. One of the best things that happened for you guys is Wells going and the more stronger positivity come through in the forwards l. You’ve got the cattle to do it especially if you can give Hodge and Monty the boot.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
While I agree the draw was awful for the Force (and they lost a home game to that super round), but that figure is misleading and artificially increased because any travel for the Force is a minimum of 3k km.
So you're saying it's not real because they ahve to travel a kin of 3k km anyway ? It's still real

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah Scoot I reckon you blokes are good enough to do it. One of the best things that happened for you guys is Wells going and the more stronger positivity come through in the forwards l. You’ve got the cattle to do it especially if you can give Hodge and Monty the boot.
Monty is easy one of the worst wingers in super rugby haha

Reactions: Tex

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
What?

Hardly any home games? Travel? That’s what is always going to happen if you play for the Force….
It’s really not. Let’s not go down that path.
Force shouldn’t have had 4 games in NZ. That is a scheduling issue. And partly due to their home ground not being available (not a super rugby issue but an Aus govt one prioritising women’s soccer over rugby, and the A league).

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
So you're saying it's not real because they ahve to travel a kin of 3k km anyway ? It's still real
It’s still real, but it is misleading. Force will always travel more distance due to being so far from the rest of the comp. What you need to look at is the away games schedule.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
It’s really not. Let’s not go down that path.
Force shouldn’t have had 4 games in NZ. That is a scheduling issue. And partly due to their home ground not being available (not a super rugby issue but an Aus govt one prioritising women’s soccer over rugby, and the A league).
That’s true. And @Shiggins is right. I’m not trying to shit on anything but their will always be difficulties with Perth unfortunately.