• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs. Waratahs - 2011R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Those who want to see Waugh gone have no idea of what he does on the field or no idea at all about Rugby. He is IMO still the second best 7 in Oz behind Pocock now (and behind Smith for so long). How mush of this Waugh hate is just a bandwagon thing and blaming him for the incompetence of Hickey for so long.

I can say that even with my anti-University bias.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Visit The Roar and Planet Rugby and all will quickly be revealed. Personally, I think he's a bit past it myself and wouldn't mind seeing Alcock get a run.

Yet more evidence that The Roar and PR are filled with fucking idiots who know nothing about rugby. It's no coincidence that the one year Waugh was injured the Tahs came second last. Phil Waugh bleeds Waratah blue, and any Tahs supporter who says he should move on is a traitor of the highest order, and should be put in stocks outside the SFS at every home game to allow fans to pelt them with eggs and rotten tomatoes.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yet more evidence that The Roar and PR are filled with fucking idiots who know nothing about rugby. It's no coincidence that the one year Waugh was injured the Tahs came second last. Phil Waugh bleeds Waratah blue, and any Tahs supporter who says he should move on is a traitor of the highest order, and should be put in stocks outside the SFS at every home game to allow fans to pelt them with eggs and rotten tomatoes.

Emu eggs and fucking green tomatoes. Make 'em bleed.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
yet more evidence that the roar and pr are filled with fucking idiots who know nothing about rugby. It's no coincidence that the one year waugh was injured the tahs came second last. Phil waugh bleeds waratah blue, and any tahs supporter who says he should move on is a traitor of the highest order, and should be put in stocks outside the sfs at every home game to allow fans to pelt them with eggs and rotten tomatoes.

qft.

D

daz

If the Tahs are dead set serious this year, they need to make a statement early in the season. The Rebels have it all to do and really, nothing to lose. Mortlock is the key and the glue but how under-done is he? For what it is worth, I think Waugh is going to go nuts this year and stamp his authority for one last big season. But, you know, none of 'em play for the Reds, so what do I care? :)

I can see this being a bit of an arm wrestle for the first 50-60 and the Rebs will match up ok, then the class and structure will shine through in the Tahs squad and the blow out should begin.

Tahs by 17.

R

Richard D. James

What do tahs fans make of Waugh's tactics as captain though? Do you think the positives, his toughness and commitment to the tahs, outweigh any negative game plans he might adhere to?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Good Vid WB3. IMO one of the only players to really trouble Mcaw on the paddock and prevent his illegalities has been Waugh. I am sure if that he was asked Waugh would rate high on the list of those players that Mcaw as the premier 7 competed hardest against and respected most.

It amazes me that he gets the blame for the conservative game plan when as that video shows the looser game suits him better.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What do tahs fans make of Waugh's tactics as captain though? Do you think the positives, his toughness and commitment to the tahs, outweigh any negative game plans he might adhere to?

Have a look at Waugh's game throughout all the coaches he has played under. I think Hickey has to take the blame for the game plan as Link had to for his.

R

Richard D. James

Have a look at Waugh's game throughout all the coaches he has played under. I think Hickey has to take the blame for the game plan as Link had to for his.

Well Waugh as captain is the constant for the tahs over the last few years..... It's not like Link has taken that conservative gameplan to the Reds, and was Hickey known as a conservative coach in club land?

W

WB3

Agreed, Fatprop, hence my insistence that he should be in the Wallaby squad showing these youngsters what real mongrel and self belief is. They would be the better for his presence (and le Fuse).

R

Richard D. James

What has that mongrel and self belief got the tahs? FInals appearances?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
load of shit, your not a tahs fan if you dont wanna have sex with waugh. its his last season, remember the good times, enjoy the current and cheer him til the end i say. he has been a fantastic captain.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Wow, you take fanatic to a whole new level. I'd follow the Tahs to my last days but going to the extent to lust after the captain, that's just a bridge to far.

I hope to see Waugh play the house down I really do. He deserves to be remembered for all the years of great service to the cause. It's just especially last season you could see he was beginning to fall behind with the pace of the game, a pace I'm expecting to have increased over the off season. I hope I'm wrong, I really do, but if I'm not for the good of the team and if really is a Tah through and through he'll abdicate and make way for a young up and comer in Alcock.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Waugh captains, test match style, conservative and hard. Link rebuilt the Tahs from the forwards and changed the attitude of the Tahs from being soft cocks.

Hickey is changing that style slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.