• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Argentina are a top tier nation these days I would say

Yes and also no. I would start calling them a top tier nation when they can get all their fucking internationals released at the same time. It's pathetic how much sway the clubs in France actually have when it comes to releasing/not releasing players for international duty and that the IRB literally does jack all about it. This sport without the drama and tension of international tests would hardly qualify as a shadow of the sport we all love and to think that some Frog millionaires denying not only the national XVs but us as fans of the full spectacle we deserve is so unbelievably disheartening.

T

TOCC

Reds have over 20'000 members for 2013.. At the same point in 2012 they had 16'000

So the growth in membership numbers is definitely ahead of last year and could very well hit the 40'000 target that they are aiming for.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
In less than two months we will have the two trial games. One in Toowoomba, the other on the Sun Coast, and both against NZ franchises. I think the Blues are one, not sure about the other. The squad is pretty much unchanged but it will be interesting to see who runs where in the trials. Particularly interested to see who gets a run at 6 and 8. Schatz will be a frontrunner but the likes of Quirk and Butler have a real chance to stake their claims.

Outside backs will also be interesting as well. Davies would be well and truly on the mend and raring to go and with Shipperley and Morahan coming back from rehab, things will be interesting for the right wing spot.

T

TOCC

Rodney Davies just won king of the gym, so I'm guessing he is well and truly back to fitness

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Rodney Davies just won king of the gym, so I'm guessing he is well and truly back to fitness

Mate, I life some decent weights in the gym but my body dismantles when I play contract sport. Both activities place a lot of pressure on your body but it's very different pressure.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I AM saying let's wait and see.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It might also mean he is going down the path of all strength, no skill. He already had ball handling issues, I hope his expanding pecs don't make them any worse!

If he could get his rugby skills improving, he would be sensational.

T

TOCC

Mate, I life some decent weights in the gym but my body dismantles when I play contract sport. Both activities place a lot of pressure on your body but it's very different pressure.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I AM saying let's wait and see.

Yeah i was just pointing out that he is over his injury and back to full training and thus is likely to be considered for the trial matches.
Rodney's injuries weren't really from the contact from memory most occurred in general change of speed or when he was accelerating.

T

TOCC

Is this haircut psychological ploy by Ed Quirk to get first shot at Higgers position

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-prn1/14495_10151322603485236_665200_n.jpg
ScottHigginbothamRedsTraining.JPG

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
From what I hear Davies is raring to go. Backs positions are going to be very keenly contested, none more so then the wings. Be interesting to see as well how the Number 10. battle develops particularly with the cloud hanging over QC (Quade Cooper)'s future. Do the Reds opt for Harris, does Lucas get a crack, or is Lance a chance? So many questions....

baz

Frank Nicholson (4)
Lucas and Lance have to be the 10 options without Cooper. Taps and Harris will fight over the 12 spot as Harris isn't suited anywhere else. Taps and Fainga'a will be the 13 options if Harris plays 12. Morahan at 15 as he suits the style I want the Reds to play.
agreed Harris's best position is currently 12. risky playing yor goal kicker in the the collision zone tho. injury issues and too banged up to kick well. May be better to teach him 15. ex 10's playing at 15 generally read the kicking game well. Even the AB's couldn't find grass when he played 15 at Suncorp

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I'm not really sure that was down to great play by Harris. The AB's didn't really show up that night. As for hiding the kicker I'm not a fan of that, Harris is a 12 in my eyes and nothing else. If he doesn't make the team there I wouldn't pick him just for his kicking, I'd play him off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.