• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

I hear the Reds staff are pretty happy with the 'Reds College' players involved at training, might be a few in line for debut's in 2013..
Obviously the limiting factor is that these players have their own jobs and cant attend all the trainings.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'd love to see one of them get a run

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

T

TOCC

From what i've heard through one of the guys in the College, a couple of the forwards have been impressing and given some good feedback..

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
130 year logo will be on the playing jersey

that 130 year logo should be on all the clothing merchandise me thinks. It could just be the reason that many supporters feel the need to update their supporter gear. I would personally be very tempted in upgrading my old jersey to a 130th anniversery one.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
So with the Super 15 kicking off next month (Feb) I thought I'd have a crack at predicting the Reds squad of 23 (additional prop) for the Brumbies game:

Greg Holmes
James Hanson
James Slipper
James Horwill
. 5
Rob Simmons
Eddie Quirk
Liam Gill
Jake Schatz
Nick Frisby
Quade Cooper
Digby Ioane
Ben Tapuai
Anthony Fainga'a
Dom Shipperley
Michael Harris

Saia Fainga'a
Ben Daley
Jono Owen
Adam Wallace-Harrison
Radike Samo
Beau Robinson
Ben Lucas
Chris Feauai-Sautia

I'm assuming that Luke Morahan will not be up to match fitness from his 2012 injury. I have selected Holmes before Ben Daley, because Holmes has been continually improving through 2013.I think both
Ben Daley and
Saia Fainga'a have more to offer with their all over the field play at the 35 - 40 minute mark, injecting a lot of get up and go when the Brumbies are tiring.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
No complaints with that team. Fainga'a/Hanson can go either way. If we started with Daley/Slipper, my bench would definatly have Anae and Holmes as the cover. Anae is better than Owen.

Quirk and Samo is another toss up.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I would be very surprised, and saddened, if Jono Lance is not in the 22. In fact, I would like to see him start. Ditto CFS.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I am saddened also wamberal that guys like that are missing out but at the very same moment, excited at the depth we appear to have developed. Those guys will definitely get time this season. Link has mentioned a few times, the need to rotate guys as it's a long season.

The strength of a side is often displayed by the quality of the players left out.

The QLD Reds, the John West of the Super 15?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
So with the Super 15 kicking off next month (Feb) I thought I'd have a crack at predicting the Reds squad of 23 (additional prop) for the Brumbies game:

Greg Holmes
James Hanson
James Slipper
James Horwill
. 5
Rob Simmons
Eddie Quirk
Liam Gill
Jake Schatz
Nick Frisby
Quade Cooper
Digby Ioane
Ben Tapuai
Anthony Fainga'a
Dom Shipperley
Michael Harris

Saia Fainga'a
Ben Daley
Jono Owen
Adam Wallace-Harrison
Radike Samo
Beau Robinson
Ben Lucas
Chris Feauai-Sautia

I'm assuming that Luke Morahan will not be up to match fitness from his 2012 injury. I have selected Holmes before Ben Daley, because Holmes has been continually improving through 2013.I think both
Ben Daley and
Saia Fainga'a have more to offer with their all over the field play at the 35 - 40 minute mark, injecting a lot of get up and go when the Brumbies are tiring.
Strong line up, although I reckon that Ben Lucas will get the first crack at halfback. Also, I think that Morahan is fully fit. I would also prefer Tapuai at 13 and Fainga'a at 12, and Robinson starting with Gill coming off the bench fresh, given Pocock is the opposing 7.

The two trial games are going to be a good pointer as to who makes the first game of the season, and they should be belters. I believe it is Feb 1 in Toowoomba against the Blues and Feb 8 on the Sunny Coast versus the Hurricanes.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
I would be very surprised, and saddened, if Jono Lance is not in the 22. In fact, I would like to see him start. Ditto CFS.

Out of interest, who would you suggest they replace in that 22?

I too think Lance and CFS are Super Rugby players, but it is hard to see where they fit into that starting 15.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Out of interest, who would you suggest they replace in that 22?

I too think Lance and CFS are Super Rugby players, but it is hard to see where they fit into that starting 15.
13 would be a good spot for both but I think Ant will be first option there as his defence is strong and can create turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.