• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverhasbeen

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyway..

Any indications of when the 'Reds Academy' will be released?

The Academy was released last week:

Nigel Ah-Wong
Matt Blain
Curtis Browning
Lachie Creighton
Sam Denny
Ben Meehan
Simon Morahan
Tom Murday
Ed O'Donoghue
Danny Routledge
Rex Tapuai
Dion Taumata

A good mixture of 6 Forwards and 6 Backs. Good to see some older heads and young blood given an opportunity. Interesting that Curtis wanted to be part of the QRU Academy where they aren't getting paid instead of the ARU Academy.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Quality players in there, especially the Sunnybank contingent. Is Sam Denny a Souths player? His name sounds familiar.

Anyone got any information on Tom Murday and Ben Meehan?
I'm glad Tapuai, Taumata and Routledge are in there, I'd rather have them step up to the team if we have injuries as opposed to UJ and Faulkner.

T

TOCC

Quality players in there, especially the Sunnybank contingent. Is Sam Denny a Souths player? His name sounds familiar.

Anyone got any information on Tom Murday and Ben Meehan?
I'm glad Tapuai, Taumata and Routledge are in there, I'd rather have them step up to the team if we have injuries as opposed to UJ and Faulkner.

Yes Sam Denny is from Souths... Short but a physical beast

T

tranquility

Tom Murday is a BGS boy, who was picked up by the Force after school. He is grafting style of lock, and plays quite tight from memory. Obviously he was involved with the Brumbies last year, and despite getting a run I am sure he will be a better player for the conditioning and technical training.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Tom Murday is a BGS boy, who was picked up by the Force after school. He is grafting style of lock, and plays quite tight from memory. Obviously he was involved with the Brumbies last year, and despite getting a run I am sure he will be a better player for the conditioning and technical training.
Played for Sunnybank in 2010 from memory. Good to see him back in Brisbane.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Ben Meehan very very Interesting..... I heard he was playing league which makes sense as I haven't seen him in any rugby team lists. Plays 9 and is about 19 years old?? From memory 2011 qld schools

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Ben Meehan very very Interesting... I heard he was playing league which makes sense as I haven't seen him in any rugby team lists. Plays 9 and is about 19 years old?? From memory 2011 qld schools

Meehan played this year with the storm U20's. Think he was at terrace, then state high where be played first XV in 2011.

Wonder what club he will go to. Wests could use him and he would probably have the best shot at a regular prem grade spot.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
There was talk a couple of years ago that they'd decided to convert him to a prop. It's obviously not happening.
I hope you're right, but the Daily Telegraph (not infallible I know) says he is a prop.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/wallabies-captain-nathan-sharpe-wins-john-eales-medal/story-fn8ti7yn-1226508658588

This year's under-20s player of the year was prop Curtis Browning, the third-most capped Australian Schoolboy in history and the grandson of former Wallaby Dick Marks.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Meehan played this year with the storm U20's. Think he was at terrace, then state high where be played first XV in 2011.

Wonder what club he will go to. Wests could use him and he would probably have the best shot at a regular prem grade spot.

I think you will find that Meehan is a gps family......and wests wouldn't be able to give him anything other clubs would.....I.e job and what not

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Ed is back from Europe. This could be good, a hard nose seasoned lock is good to have. Has he been injured a bit in the last couple of years?

T

tranquility

I agree that it is great to have him back, especially in an academy situation. But was he getting much rugby in over there, as in was he making the 22 regularly?

T

tranquility

Turns out Simon Morahan (University) and Japanese/Otago hooker Shota Horie are also in the Reds College squad.

Shota Horie is a damn fine player from what I saw of him at the World Cup, could play himself into our 22 I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.