• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

How many people in Queensland have been laid off recently due to State Government cutbacks?

Diggers seems to have his finger on the pulse of a game of rugby, but this tweet just proves how out of touch with the people he is.

He and QC (Quade Cooper) may be on big $ for doing what they are good at, but the pair of them showing off like that is likely to alienate some of their fan base, particularly given what a pork chop Diggers has been recently about his contract.

Didn't get to see tweets like this from JO'N and he was on more than these two muppeteers combined, and for part time work.

90% of the people on twitter following these two guys are in the adolescent age group anyway, this sort of 'tweet' is right up their alley... Just watch MTV and you see it in the shit shows like Cribs..

Not sure that Quade is at fault in all this..

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The photo makes Digby look like quite a douche bag but in and of itself, it's probably not that big a deal. But when you consider how much of a stink it created when there was a photo of him taken shirtless in a rooftop spa, then there could be some blow back from this.

That makes me wonder, if Digby isn't just trying to get himself 'sacked'. I hope not, but I do wonder.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
90% of the people on twitter following these two guys are in the adolescent age group anyway, this sort of 'tweet' is right up their alley. Just watch MTV and you see it in the shit shows like Cribs..

Not sure that Quade is at fault in all this..

For once QC (Quade Cooper) is not the social media bad guy, but an innocent victim of poor judgement from one of his muppeteer "mates".

I concur that the target audience would most likely love this sort of stuff. Unfortunately the target audience are the offspring of many in QLD who have been or are about to be retrenched due to cutbacks. Just because something is appropriate for the intended target audience, doesn't mean that it is appropriate when it is broadcast for general consumption.

The photo makes Digby look like quite a douche bag but in and of itself, it's probably not that big a deal. But when you consider how much of a stink it created when there was a photo of him taken shirtless in a rooftop spa, then there could be some blow back from this.

That makes me wonder, if Digby isn't just trying to get himself 'sacked'. I hope not, but I do wonder.

Probably not a big deal in itself as you say, but it implies a rock star culture and attitude that is not probably not appropriate at the moment, especially when there are issues over his contract. It just feeds into and reinforces prejudices and perceptions that some may have about Diggers that is not helpful to a sport that has its fair share of money problems.

While there could be a tin foil hat strategy being employed by Brand Ioane Inc to get sacked and therefore a victim, I personally don't think his Brand managers are that clever.

This is a sign of a spoilt brat and indulged athlete who has never had to do genuine graft that the rest of us have to do day in day out.

I don't care all that much how much money they are on, just don't rub our noses in it. At the end of the day, we are the ones buying the merch, match tickets, foxtel subscriptions, and sponsors products that allow the indulged athletes to maintain their indulged status.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
While there could be a tin foil hat strategy being employed by Brand Ioane Inc to get sacked and therefore a victim, I personally don't think his Brand managers are that clever.

My reference to a potential plan to get sacked was not so much so he can play the victim but so that he would be able to sign with another Aus S15 franchise without any contract drama's with the QRU. I'm just clarifying it in case my original post wasn't clear on this.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If Diggers goes (and going off last weeks reports, shouldn't he be signing up with France tonight) I'd like to see us have a red hot go at signing Folau.

I'd like us to have a go anyway actually.

Then we might have a few more repeats of Quade's in-goal cross field kick move from the Cheetahs match a couple of seasons ago.

T

tranquility

Good to know Quade is putting dat paper to good use. My word these guys are doing good impressions of people who look like tools.https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/941987_10200528848777324_702960302_n.jpg

Diggers has deadset lost the plot!

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Good to know Quade is putting dat paper to good use. My word these guys are doing good impressions of people who look like tools.https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-ash3/941987_10200528848777324_702960302_n.jpg

Good god, what the hell is Digby doing?

Is he serious? No wonder Carmichael has told him get bugger off!

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I don't know if I'd call it a done deal - "According to our information, Digby Ioane is committed to the French stage" is media speak for we've heard a rumour.

That's just Google translator letting you down. Stade Francais translates as 'The French Stage'. The title of the article is quite literally 'Ioane Signs at Stade Francais'.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
HJ,

You blew that photo completely out of proportion.

It was just a poor taste joke with a bit of fu thrown in.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Google translator just isn't a good resource for people not familiar with French ;)

That is similar with most languages. I speak a fair bit of Indonesian, and it is quite amusing to plug Indonesian phrases into Google translate and see how wrong the translation is. Because you can't plug the context into Google translate, you will only ever get the 'gist' of a passage.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
The article mentions that a hiccup is Digby's contract with the Reds, but isn't he contracted to the ARU till the end of the year? If so, would the ARU really allow Digby to leave before the Quad-Nations?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
The article mentions that a hiccup is Digby's contract with the Reds, but isn't he contracted to the ARU till the end of the year? If so, would the ARU really allow Digby to leave before the Quad-Nations?

Can you be contracted to the ARU without an Australian Super Rugby contract? Don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.