• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

expert123

Stan Wickham (3)
I'd be taking Ant Fainga'a at 13 over F'Sautia any day.

Some people seem blind to how much Ant actually offers to the team as a whole. He organizes all the defense and keeps the structures in place. Not to mention he defends like a 7 on acid. His ball running has been pretty good this year I've thought. You don't need him to do anything more then be a powerful crash ball runner when you have Tapuai, Ioane and Shipperely as the key attacking threats.
True, but to be honest Reds are going to have to get rid of a few of there backs. Luke Morahan and Mike Harris aren't going to wait around on the bench forever and I can't see why they won't leave. Sautia will be looking for a starting role either next year of the year after, and what if they don't start him by then I can see him leaving if not started next year or the year after and being snatched up by either Waratahs or Brumbies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Anae is a LHP and Slipper is THP. You had them both in your team. I think Holmes has a few good years in him yet plus I expect we will have 23 man squads next year so Slipper, Holmes, Daley and Anae would all be in the match day squad.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Does the Cap stay the same for next year or is it increased? If match day squads are to be 23, surely the squad size must also grow along with the Cap?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Does the Cap stay the same for next year or is it increased? If match day squads are to be 23, surely the squad size must also grow along with the Cap?
you would think so but ths is the ARU we are talking about...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

This is why 23 squads weren't introduced this year because it would've been done after squad's were finalised so couldn't prepare for it.

something

Jim Clark (26)
ooh Anae, Holmes, Slipper & Daley all in the same matchday team, isn't that a nice prospect!

really impressed by Anae this year

Lets say the fingers do leave (Saia in particular) who would be our reserve hooker? would it be Anae or?

T

tranquility

I think they would probably go for someone like Maile Ngauamo from the national academy.

expert123

Stan Wickham (3)
ooh Anae, Holmes, Slipper & Daley all in the same matchday team, isn't that a nice prospect!

really impressed by Anae this year

Lets say the fingers do leave (Saia in particular) who would be our reserve hooker? would it be Anae or?
They'd probably go with Anae at 16 and Daley at 17.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Mmm, me neither.

The danger signs for the post-Link Reds are now surely mounting: Stiles and Graham - two coaches with poor track records, and Graham picking 'last mates' instead of seeking world-class scrum and forwards coaching talent with proven records of success with the best teams. One wonders if the QRU board is looking on closely enough.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Man I hope they are. I know all teams have their ups and downs but we were in our 'down' for long enough to expect a few more years at the top. One of the best thing about the Reds of the last few years has been administration. It would be a massive stuff up if they dropped the ball now!

T

TOCC

James Hanson and Rob Simmons both turned down offers from the Force, so thats a promising sign as i imagine both were bigger then what the Reds can offer, now lets hope the other teams don't have attractive offers either.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Gee - there sure is a lot to understand about Super 15.
I thought the games were what it is all about, but obviously a lot of the dancing is done off the field, with players, trainers and managers jockeying into positions for the new year.
Coaches need to be multi-skilled these days Although a fair bit of the cuedos should go to Carmichael, the QRU administrator, for the Reds successes.

Status
Not open for further replies.