• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I guess you can say the Force have never had a problem in the forwards. I guess we will see how it goes. I would love to see a franchise import a forward coach. Some pom with a busted nose and cauliflower ears who swears a lot!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I guess you can say the Force have never had a problem in the forwards. I guess we will see how it goes. I would love to see a franchise import a forward coach. Some pom with a busted nose and cauliflower ears who swears a lot!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
coach.jpg

T

tranquility

What happens to Jim McKay?

Edit; I just read the article. He will stay on as attack coach. Thank Christ. Will link be able to help us in a hands on role if he becomes Wallabies coach? or is this wishful thinking?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I guess you can say the Force have never had a problem in the forwards.

They had two world class leaders and players in Pocock and Sharpie. Then some excellent super players in Hodgson, The Big Mac and Brown.

How much input did Graham or Stiles have in their development?

The problem we have now is, the reigns of a good super team is being given to two coaches who have largely talked big but failed to deliver? Richard talks of great things on the podcast, but even with the best talent Australia had to offer at his disposal, what tangible improvement did we see?

You'll have to excuse me when I question why when we have this great set up, that were attracting two coaches who failed in their western adventures.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Simmons also staying put. Hanson staying put has me worried the Fainga'a's are set to leave though.

Would have been good to see MMM at the Reds again but the Force arguably have greater need for his skills.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
So Jim McKay is the "Senior assistant coach". One can't help that is one of those bullshit feel good titles with only one bloke under him.

I don't have a huge problem with Stiles appointment. I do understand the perception it has generated though.

Was never happy with the way Woody was recruited but simply now he has the job it is right that the head coach appoints his under staff. Anything less will hurt the Reds culture of trust moving forward.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Happy to keep Simmons and Hanson, and lose Morahan, instead of the other way around. I really value Hanson, and Simmons is needed in an area where we dont have much depth. Morahan is talented, but with Ioane, Lance, Shipperely, F'Sautia, Davies, Toua there, it would be hard for him to stay where he isn't guarenteed a start, although I definatly think he is better than three of those names.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I guess if reports about digby ailing knees are true then i can't fault him for wanting to get out and make some money while he can.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Morahan may rue his decision to leave if Digby does go. Would leave the Reds short out wide for the first time in a few years if that happens.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'd hate to see Digby leave, but could understand him having a desire to earn a few bucks. Shame for the Reds and the Wallabies though.

T

tranquility

Morahan may rue his decision to leave if Digby does go. Would leave the Reds short out wide for the first time in a few years if that happens.

The real clanger of losing Moz is that their is a good chance he will take Simon with him. The silver lining is that they would both probably get more opportunity in the West.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I wouldn't begrudge digby for heading to japan after the lions tour and then spending a couple of years there before heading back in 2015.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Happy to keep Simmons and Hanson, and lose Morahan, instead of the other way around. I really value Hanson, and Simmons is needed in an area where we dont have much depth. Morahan is talented, but with Ioane, Lance, Shipperely, F'Sautia, Davies, Toua there, it would be hard for him to stay where he isn't guarenteed a start, although I definatly think he is better than three of those names.

And tl12, do you remember us agreeing here in mid-2012 what a shocking turnstile Morahan had often become that year in defence. Morahan is consistently inconsistent and it's something of a random number generator in attempting to know which version of the player we would get each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.