• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Awesomenews about Kev saying he is red for life. He also talks about the RG transition and how when he had 4 coaches in 5 years it really stuffed the team around because each coach had different ways of doing things. The way Link has brought in RG will allow him to learn the Reds before he has the responsibilty of steering them next year.

Hom many times have we had bosses that get appointed at work and come in and stuff everything up for a few months before they learn the ropes and settle down?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a-reds-life-deal/story-fnbzn566-1226617704847

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
AWESOME news about Kev! I didn't really think he would leave but it would have been a seriously debilitating blow to lose him. He is the heart, spine, mind and soul of this Reds team and makes the boys play out of their skin when he is on the field.

Can't knock Digby if he wants to cash in after the Lions. He's had a pretty steady run of chronic 'niggles' keeping him out periodically over the past two years and it is almost always his knee(s) so I completely understand his mindset. Would be a big loss to both the Reds/Wallabies but the guy has given his blood, sweat and tears for both with considerably less bullshit than any of the FIGJAM boys brought about.

T

TOCC

Yeah it would be disappointing from a fan perspective if Digby left, but all the best for the bloke, you gotta chase the cash when you can.

something

Jim Clark (26)
As a red's man, Kev has to be numero uno. As posted above he is heart & soul (among others) of the reds. What a good bloke

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
So squad changes for next year what do we all think?

Browning in for Samo is the most obvious.
Placid/Morahan possibly replacing Ant Fainga'a
Nguamo or Ready replacing Saia Fainga'a or do the reds look to outside QLD to replace him?

I'd love for the reds to get PAE back seing as we will need 4 props at all times next year.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
So squad changes for next year what do we all think?

Browning in for Samo is the most obvious.
Placid/Morahan possibly replacing Ant Fainga'a
Nguamo or Ready replacing Saia Fainga'a or do the reds look to outside QLD to replace him?

I'd love for the reds to get PAE back seing as we will need 4 props at all times next year.
Never been to high on Simon Morahan, I think there is plenty more deserving players out there. Danny Routledge for example, really underrated and is currently in the Reds College. Rex Tapuai is another, but I think he is too old to be considered. Lachlan Creighton from Brothers has had big wraps on him in the Premier comp. Sean Cox is a great talent, but unfourtunately missed the whole of last season when he got injured at an U20's trial game.

Then you have some young guns such as Placid, Harry Parker, and JJ Taulagi who will get plenty of time of Premier rugby this season to show their talents.

However, I think looking interstate for a few players could be very beneficial next season. It is great that the Reds bring through a lot of local talent, but I think we may need to branch out next season to replace a few players, in particular hooker and centre.

T

tranquility

With Digby leaving, it's convenient that we have make 2.0 already in the sheds in Mr. Sautia. Digby seems to be less settled than in the past - maybe he needs to go overseas for a bit and get out of Brisbane for probably the first time in his life for an extended period. Carmichael sounds furious with him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Reds will do OK without Diggers. He adds a certain urgency when he is on the field, but isn't as critical to Reds 2014 as Big Kev, the Gillmeister and Sanchez are.

Link seems to have developed options for the Reds with Rocket, Chris FS and Dom S as contingencies, all of whom seem to be developing well with experience.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Frankly I'd rather have Ioane, but if he takes his ball he takes his ball. What can we do?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Sigh what horrible timing with Morahan announcing his departure on the day everything turned to shit.

I wonder if we can speak to the Force and have a swap, Digby for Morahan!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Shame to see diggers go but someone else will emerge. Shame Shmoo signed for toulon so early as well. Would have liked to see him back in red.

Wouldn't mind at all if the Reds had a chat to Josh Hoffman from the broncos. He's off contract and has played a bit of rugby in his youth I believe.

T

TOCC

The bigger issue would be money, Reds can't afford JOC (James O'Connor) even with Ioane leaving

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I think they would be very close, 3rd party money for a player like him would be pretty easy to come by compared to others. He also expressed interest in the Brumbies so maybe he is thinking about more than just his brand after things haven't turned out so well with the Rebels. The Fainga'a's are the big ones that could leave and having an experienced player to step up at 12/13 would be very important for the Reds.

Genia
Cooper
CFS
Tapuai
JOC (James O'Connor)
Sipperley
Lance

Small backline but it would put plenty of points on.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
And why would they want him? I'm happy with our options at 10,12 and 15 so he'd be a winger.
While I view Digby as the best winger going around I can live without him in the team. CFS, Toua, Davies and Shippers are all good wing options. Though I'd like CFS developed into a long term 13 option.
What's the story with Harris? I think he might be on the lookout for a new club. Not sure where though, maybe the Tahs might show some interest.
We need to look at another Lock option. How has Enever been going for Easts. I wonder if he's an option. I thought he did ok last year when he played. Would love to see McDulling play.

Status
Not open for further replies.