• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He is good isn't he.

He plays like a young Nonu but he's less of a dickhead. I don't mind 2014 Nonu's temperament but at the same age he was a tosser.

Samu's speech about God after the match isn't my cup of tea but at least it shows he's a humble man with his head is a good space. Good on him.

Being an explosive beast doesn't last forever though, he'll have to get much smarter than last night but he's got the time to do it.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Honestly in last nights game Samu looked like he was playing around in attack, he had a big grin on his face most of the time and was still dominant. He was found out in defence a few times though playing in the unfamiliar 12 channel. He'll be a big difference maker for the Reds in 2015, however, all this exposure in the the NRC will make him a marked man next year.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If he continues this form he will be the answer to the Reds 13 issues. Great to have a comp that exposes him to more rugby. As the season progresses he will work better with the guys around him, they will have a field day running off him when he draws in multiple defenders.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I've said this before and I'm sure others who have seen Kerevi play at club level will agree that no matter what competition he's in (Premier comp, NRC, S15) he's still been able to be a dominant ball runner and play the game how he wants it. His ceiling is very high. I'd go as far as to say if his form continues he may be in line for Spring Tour call up which would be great for his development and for the Reds.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
If he continues this form he will be the answer to the Reds 13 issues. Great to have a comp that exposes him to more rugby. As the season progresses he will work better with the guys around him, they will have a field day running off him when he draws in multiple defenders.

Are you not concerned that Brisbane City are playing him at 12 ?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I've said this before and I'm sure others who have seen Kerevi play at club level will agree that no matter what competition he's in (Premier comp, NRC, S15) he's still been able to be a dominant ball runner and play the game how he wants it. His ceiling is very high. I'd go as far as to say if his form continues he may be in line for Spring Tour call up which would be great for his development and for the Reds.

I guess after, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and TK, outside centres are pretty bare, they probably throw in a McCabe, Horne or I don't know. So maybe not a bad Idea to take him on the Spring Tour. Although Spring tours aren't really a development tour any more.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Are you not concerned that Brisbane City are playing him at 12 ?

I said in the NRC thread yesterday that I think it will be good for him.

The increased need to be a ball player should help make him a more complete player for Super Rugby next year.

I think it will take a few injuries for him to make it on the EOYT though. I'd guess Horne would be the third choice 13 currently.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I said in the NRC thread yesterday that I think it will be good for him.

The increased need to be a ball player should help make him a more complete player for Super Rugby next year.

I think it will take a few injuries for him to make it on the EOYT though. I'd guess Horne would be the third choice 13 currently.
A season ending injury for Kuridrani might be enough to get him a call up, otherwise a few of the backs will have to go down.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Despite the fact Brisbane NRC are playing him at 12, he is still very much the type of player the Reds and Wallabies are looking for at 13.

I realise there is a pecking order so to speak but if Kerevi continues to play well and possibly a few players under perform in the Rugby Championship I believe you'd have to pick him as a viable playing candidate for EOYT. My point earlier re his playing style not changing as he moves up in grades was to emphasize I don't think he'll look out of place in Gold if he gets the chance soon.

Was also very impressed with Michael Gunn last night and hopefully he is on the Reds radar.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Despite the fact Brisbane NRC are playing him at 12, he is still very much the type of player the Reds and Wallabies are looking for at 13.

I realise there is a pecking order so to speak but if Kerevi continues to play well and possibly a few players under perform in the Rugby Championship I believe you'd have to pick him as a viable playing candidate for EOYT. My point earlier re his playing style not changing as he moves up in grades was to emphasize I don't think he'll look out of place in Gold if he gets the chance soon.

I think his issue at the next level would be his defence. I wouldn't be confident in his ability to play the toughest defensive position on the field at test level against quality opposition. There are no worries about him in attack. He's so powerful that he'll do damage at any level.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think his issue at the next level would be his defence. I wouldn't be confident in his ability to play the toughest defensive position on the field at test level against quality opposition. There are no worries about him in attack. He's so powerful that he'll do damage at any level.

Not that this ideal, but it wouldn't be outside of scope for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Horne (all often on the Wallaby wings) to come into 13 defensively on occasion.
All hypothetically of course.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not that this ideal, but it wouldn't be outside of scope for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe and Horne (all often on the Wallaby wings) to come into 13 defensively on occasion.
All hypothetically of course.

Well if AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), McCabe or Horne were fit they would just start at 13.. I think give him a year maybe a squad spot and work on it to make him more complete. His got time his young.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He's out for the rest of year, he's had ops on both shoulders now. I think the second one was only a week or two ago.

Bugger sounds like someone needs to duct tape him back together, lucky his young. I feel for him, he probably needs a decent pre-season instead of coming back from injury.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
With all this man love for Samu going around, I realised if they're all fit, we have some serious power and numbers outside fly half.
Turner
Hunt
JOC (James O'Connor)
Kerevi
CFS
FTA
Tapuai
That's 7 very talented footballers for only 5 positions. Some nice selection head aches there.
Reds fuckkkk yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
With all this man love for Samu going around, I realised if they're all fit, we have some serious power and numbers outside fly half.
Turner
Hunt
JOC (James O'Connor)
Kerevi
CFS
FTA
Tapuai
That's 7 very talented footballers for only 5 positions. Some nice selection head aches there.
Reds fuckkkk yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read today, that the JOC (James O'Connor) deal is NOT a done deal..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...world-cup-claims/story-e6frf4qu-1227032684151

and wasn't there speculation Hunt may end up at the Titans ?

T

Train Without a Station

"JAMES O’Connor will know within a month whether an Australian Super Rugby franchise is willing to offer him a contract for next season as speculation mounts he will join Karmichael Hunt at the Reds. "

No indication of a done deal there from what I read. Quite the opposite in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.