• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Haven't been back through all of the pages, but has the JOC (James O'Connor) deal actually been done? Is there pen on paper?

Everyone is talking like it's a done deal, but I would have thought the announcement would have been higher profile and I haven't seen anything.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
All will be revealed at the Galah Ball later.

Pretty hot speculation that both Bieber Boy and Khunt signings will be announced at the Ball.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
How long does it take to say - "we have no new decent players because no one wants to play in the team with me as coach" ?

AubsV

Frank Row (1)
G'day everyone,

Interesting news about FuiFui coming out of Paramatta - got snubbed for his last home game and is apparently unsigned for next year. There's a line bender/breaker if ever ther was one. A bit old but I reckon he'd be good for 2 years!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
G'day everyone,

Interesting news about FuiFui coming out of Paramatta - got snubbed for his last home game and is apparently unsigned for next year. There's a line bender/breaker if ever ther was one. A bit old but I reckon he'd be good for 2 years!

The bloke is a fucking mad-dog ball runner. Bit like Hunt was at the Broncos.

I agree he would be a real asset to the Reds

T

Train Without a Station

And without sounding like a snob, I don't think the bloke has the intellectual capacity to easily transition to a new game.

T

Tip

Mmmm... I love a healthy dose of tinfoil in the morning.

Fuifui Moimoi is just that. Delicioussss

August 29th can't come sooner

AubsV

Frank Row (1)
Jets/TWAS/ILTW,

I agree with your points, but isn't someone like him what we've been lacking?

Fitness: The type of fitness required is different between the codes.
Smarts: Lets get something clear - he'd have 1 job and one job only.

I think our other 'workman like' #4/5/6/7/8 would work well in support?

T

Train Without a Station

In theory that's all well and good, but in reality at some point he's going to have to make decisions that require action. You need all 15 players on the park playing rugby, not just doing a single role. You try and limit them to certain roles but at some point that need to be able to decide if they should hit a ruck or stay out, compete for the ball or let it go, etc. otherwise you end up losing too much ball, giving defence ball retention to easily, etc.

And yes it's completely different fitness. Unlike NRL, where a player will have 1 run, have a breather for 4 tackles, then defend for a set and repeat for their 10-15 minute stint, in rugby the player needs to constantly be in motion. At best they should not be involved by either running, or hitting a ruck for 1 single phase. On top of that they need to do it for at least 40 minutes consecutively.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Doesn't he spend half his time serving suspensions for stupid tackles/penalties? How do you think he'd go in a sport where they actually police the tackle?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Moi Moi isn't that big. He's 6'0 and 110kg according to wikipedia. He plays about a half of a rugby league game in 2 bursts.

Compare that to Fotu Auelua who is 6'2 115kg and Wycliff Palu 6'4 120kg.

I don't think Moi Moi would provide anywhere near the running game required to make up for all the deficiencies he'd have. Plus he's 34. It would be a ludicrous signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.