• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Well in my defence Scrubber you say silly things, like being dropped may lead to him losing motivation.

T

Train Without a Station

Lies Scrubber. I think we've been debating this for even longer than James has been playing!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would really like it if James was released to play some NRC. I think getting back to some more relaxed rugby might bring the joy back for him. He needs to put together a few good games so he can push for his starting spot again.

T

Train Without a Station

He improved in the lead up and as part of the June test series so I wouldn't agree with the comment about playing "More relaxed rugby".

But I agree with the sentiment. James, or any other player for that matter not selected in the 23, is not going to improve by training as back ups.

I'd doubt they would look to prevent these players from playing.

The Speight decision I can understand, he was out with a hamstring injury, and that's the exact type of injury you can easily re-aggravate, and additional time recovering can reduce this risk.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Highlanders just announced that Brad Thorn won't be at the club next year maybe he rumours earlier in the year were true Thorne to the Reds? On the announcement all it said was Thorne was moving 'overseas'

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
By more relaxed I was more focusing on him playing for fun. He seems to put immense pressure on himself and sometimes that can be an issue for players who are out of top form.

Also I don't think he is far away from his best. He still has a big impact but needs to get back to where he was.

T

Train Without a Station

He's not going to get there sitting in the stands in his civvies though is he.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Don't really think thorne has the mobility to play in the back row, would rather they used the marquee spot on someone they intend to start. Not that thorne would be the worst guy to have around the squad, assuming he's coming cheap and using it as way to retire back to Brisbane.

T

Train Without a Station

He'd be a great professional mentor, but would take up the reserve lock spot we should be using to develop a fringe starter like David McDuling.

Whilst Thorn is a good solid player, we have plenty of them too. We need dynamic runners and big hitters. If we were picking up past their prime ex-All Blacks somebody like Sione Luaki is more so the type that we need.

We're chock full of fucking graft at Ballymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.