• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think he has potential but the only clips I've seen of him have been against an amateur Tongan team. If there were highlights of his game against NZ then it would be different.

I might try and find that game on Youtube and watch it again. I could change my opinion.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Team has potential - still lacking the big mongrel running forward but hopefully Horwill will fill that gap. - know Simmo and Schatz cannot.

Team needs to play as one.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
1. Slipper
2. Hanson
3. Holmes
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Browning
7. Gill
8. Schatz
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Turner
12. Tapuai
13. Kerevi
14. O'Conner
15. Hunt

16. Fainga'a
17. Daley
18. Kite?/Pareka?
19. McDuling
20. Robinson
21. Frisby
22. Fainga'a
23. Kurindrani

Picks itself really.

Not far off I think, only minor quibbles:
- No CFS?
- Paraka is a LHP, reserve THP will probably be Kite or Talaka. Faagese or Paraka will probably round out the squad LHPs.

T

Train Without a Station

Of course he would be in the 23 over Kurindrani and possibly starting over Turner.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I also think that Kerevi may start from the bench, needs more development in defence as well.

I think that McDuling has actually been pretty good in the NRC so far, better than I thought he would go initially. Think he is fine to have a shot from the bench next year.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Given the amount of injuries Turner's had this year and previously, you know he's not playing every game!

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Depending on how pre-season camps and training go etc I'm fairly confident they'll start with a pairing of

12. Hunt
13. Kerevi

And have JOC (James O'Connor) play fullback. All the chat of him only being signed as a winger I believe is due to some comments Link made in regards to Wallabies selection and have no bearing on where he will play S15. JOC (James O'Connor) looks to me like our best fullback option in 2015, at least to start the season.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Turner and CFS could timeshare a position quite nicely. Neither of them are available every weekend.

I like that "Timeshare". I do think that CFS was better this year with re to injuries. His Shoulder injury at the end of the year was unlucky. If my memory serves he only missed two games due to his hammy's which is what has mainly troubled him in the past.

As he gets older his body should settle down and hopefully so will the injuries.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I don't actually remember Chris missing Super Rugby games with the hammy's. I thought just the trial game and then in game 7 or whatever he dislocated the shoulder

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
It wasn't major, but after the Shorks game he had "sore" hammies and was sent home so missed the Lions game. Can't remember if he missed more?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Anyway, the backs look very capable. Threats everywhere.
First string pack looks good but depth and competition ia serious issue.

Hopefully RG doesn't pull another year of anti-coaching and the boys play to their physical and skill potential

T

Train Without a Station

If Tui comes good we have a fair bit of depth in the back row. Already we've got 3 internationals with him, then Schatz, Browning and Quirk who are quite experienced.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I know 2015 comes first and I think we look reasonable. I just hope they plan well for the year after (2015), as several starters are off contract and will be looking at greener (More $$$$) pastures .

The cheque book needs to be dusted off otherwise some junior lads will have to step up and fill some big shoes

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Jonah Lomu apparently played all his schoolboy footy as a No 8. The grown ups decided he'd be useful on the wing, and that is where he played all his adult footy. It took a season or two for him to adjust, and the rest is a blurred history of Mike Catt like speed bumps.

Perhaps a slot for Tongan Thor will be found out with the hairdressers. Youtube suggests that he has some of the skills needed to be out with the pretty boys. Can you imagine a 130 kg #14 running at you?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Can you imagine a 130 kg #14 running at you?

Rw2tshX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.