• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
JOC (James O'Connor) urging the reds to lock him in.
44AAA9FE-4862-4D9A-9477-7B4029C0A087_zpsophopknt.png
[/URL]

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Nah I legitimately think the Reds and Tahs have a good opportunity here to bring in a young player with massive potential. It's just a matter of who has the best rugby program and environment/resources to get him settled and comfortable. I'd love to say the Reds but unfortunately I can't.

As much as I'd love to see him running hell bent onto a QC (Quade Cooper) short ball, the Tahs have a cadre of potential mentors in their Team Tonga group, a demonstrably successful program and a capable coaching staff (though his set piece skills would probably develop more quickly under Stiles.) with a track record of backing young players who work hard.

If his big brother is pulling the strings though none of that will mean much.
Will be interesting to see what happens.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't think he should be dazzled by the bright lights of the Tahs.

There was the same of discussion around Nemani Nadolo when he was coming through and all that happened at the Tahs for him was a couple years in the squad with no game time before being jettisoned as not good enough.

Tahs aren't short of props so he would have better chances of actually cracking the team in Qld.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Has the Victor Vito Deal definitley falllen through?, i havent heard anywhere that hes signed somewhere else, and im not comfortable if Tui is supposed to be our big no.8 signing. Hes looked good on a highlights reel playing against a much weaker opposition than he will face in super rugby.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Has the Victor Vito Deal definitley falllen through?, i havent heard anywhere that hes signed somewhere else, and im not comfortable if Tui is supposed to be our big no.8 signing. Hes looked good on a highlights reel playing against a much weaker opposition than he will face in super rugby.
Looks to have. We've also signed Fakaosilea on an eps contract, he looks good for the future, but probably won't be ready next year. Given browning, quirk and Schatz are all still relatively young the hope would be for them to step up next year.

T

Train Without a Station

Possibly as a marquee, I believe we can have 2? Could be wrong.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If Taulagi moved to Brisbane in 2012 there's a chance he's not a foreign development player next year. His three years might already be done.

T

Train Without a Station

Played Premier Rugby in 2012 so could very well be right. Would be eligible at some point in 2015.

It's also not a hard and fast rule so possibly the Reds could request dispensation to have 2 development players for 2 months of the season until JJ is an eligible Australian.

Status
Not open for further replies.