• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I would hope there is more heart in some of these players than to just abandon a club at the first sign of trouble. Granted this isn't the first sign but I would think the promise of a clean slatted environment for 2016 will be thrown as an incentive to stick around.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I would hope there is more heart in some of these players than to just abandon a club at the first sign of trouble. Granted this isn't the first sign but I would think the promise of a clean slatted environment for 2016 will be thrown as an incentive to stick around.
There's no clean slate at the moment though is there?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No it's not the first sign, and it appears clear to me that there's serious discontent. And has been for a while. If they've been unhappy for a while and all the while RG keeps getting endorsed by the board etc then I'd be really starting to think, 'fuck it, I'm off' if I was them.
The thing is, some of them will be fielding offers from teams like the Brumbies, Tahs and Force and also overseas.
At the moment they have no certainty about what is happening at the Reds.
A lot of them would possibly stick around if a good coach was appointed but the door will likely shut on other likely good or at least palatable offers before they know who might be the next coach.
I know what I'd be doing in that case and that's what worries me.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It'll be almost impossible to re-sign anyone right now, which is just another reason the board need to move quickly and sort this out. Hopefully some of those who are uncertain about recommitting will look at a year in the 7s program while the reds get their shit together, rather than a departure overseas.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's no clean slate at the moment though is there?

Not at the moment but my mail tells me its more about WHEN Graham is getting shown the door, not IF. A poor showing against the Brumbies this weekend will most likely be the last straw, despite the facade that RG and the board and trying to pull.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
This would be the team I'd like to see on the paddock by Easter. I'd reckon my 8 year old could almost coach this group to a better win rate than 30%

1. Slipper
  2. Fainga'a
  3. Holmes
  4. Simmons
  5. Horwill
  6. Thomson
  7. Gill
  8. Tui
  9. Genia
  10. Cooper
  11. O’Connor
  12. Kerevi
  13. Tapuai
  14. Kurindrani
  15. Turner
  16. Hanson
  17. Paraka
  18. Talakai
  19. Kotze
  20. Browning
  21. Frisby
  22. Feauai-Sautia
  23. Hunt
Hanson may be pushing Fainga'a for the starting role on recent form.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd take McDuling over Kotze. McDuling was better in his 64 minutes than Kotze was in 80.

I'd also swap Taps and Kerevi - Kerevi is a 13, Taps is a 12.

Hunt or Turner, I am not sure we will get what we need from our fullback.

I am not sure on Tui yet either. I doubt we will see him at his best so soon after a broken leg.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I gotta ask too Biggsy, does the rum help? As I recall back when I used to drink it, it rarely helped anything and only usually got me in trouble.
That being said though, I am open to considering anything to help get me through reds games now and rum may be the answer.

Scoey, for the big occasions like current Reds games, more rum in bigger glasses is the only answer.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Scoey, for the big occasions like current Reds games, more rum in bigger glasses is the only answer.
Sounds reasonable. I'm a scotch drinker these days but somehow it doesn't accompany Reds games well. I like to drink it on special occasions and associate it with good times.
You're absolutely right. If I'm about to be punched in the face, then rum is my drink of choice.

T

TOCC

I'd take McDuling over Kotze. McDuling was better in his 64 minutes than Kotze was in 80.

Disagree, Kotze made more runs and tackle busts.. There ruck involvement was about even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Alan Jones just said on Sky that your coach has to go.

Oh he's doomed now! Kiss of death that is. :D

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Some stats from the season so far..

Lineout Success
Highlanders 96%
Reds 92%
Brumbies 91%
Chiefs 91%
Blues 88%
#SuperRugby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Three teams - Chiefs, Rebels, Waratahs - are averaging one yellow card per game, while the Blues and Reds have seen, well, Red #SuperRugby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.