• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Simons hasd targeted this game about a month ago. Don't know how he's travelling.
Cooper started contact this week.

T

TOCC

Simmons is likely to be back the following week versus the Rebels not this one.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper was apparently ahead of schedule and Lions was the earliest game according to his schedule, so he'd be likely to play I'd say.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Duncan has been named in the U20's squad to play in the Nat Champs in Canberra this weekend. Along with Lolo Fakosilea, Adam Korczyk and Michael Gunn. The champs run until Wednesday so those guys are not likely to be considered for selection against the Lions. Most interesting are Gunn and Korczyk with Gill ruled out.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I had a quick chat to Simmons at halftime on Saturday and asked if he'd be back at the end of the month. He thought yes, but maybe the coaches don't agree.

Reds just sent out a clip with Stiles talking about all the players coming back vs the Lions and he doesn't mention Rob.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I had a quick chat to Simmons at halftime on Saturday and asked if he'd be back at the end of the month. He thought yes, but maybe the coaches don't agree.

Reds just sent out a clip with Stiles talking about all the players coming back vs the Lions and he doesn't mention Rob.

Maybe Rob Simmons is part of the coach's switcheroo strategy for the Lions game.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just bought tickets to the Hurricanes game. Get behind your team Qld, let's try break the 15K crowd figure;):oops::(:mad::confused:

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has the 4 digit crowd figure started booing your mob yet?

The Reds have still got a way to go to beat our mob at their lowest ebb.

Hang in there Queenslanders. The good thing about heading downhill is that it can only get better, sometime soon.

Australian Rugby needs the Reds to be strong and competitive to be strong and competitive itself.

B

Bobby Sands

Sounds like Beau will be back which is very good news if he is fit.

Add QC (Quade Cooper), Kerevi, JOC (James O'Connor) to the backline and we're getting the band back together. But sadly, I'm not sure if it will be enough for them to start singing from the same hymn sheet.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Add QC (Quade Cooper), Kerevi, JOC (James O'Connor) to the backline and we're getting the band back together. But sadly, I'm not sure if it will be enough for them to start singing from the same hymn sheet.

I'm not too fussy.

Just would like a few line breaks or at the very least, get over the advantage line.

I'm sick of our forwards having to run backwards out wide to join the breakdown

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)

What is good from the Red's point of view (and there are very few positives at present) is that we have the bye this weekend for the return players, especially the backs, to get reacquainted with each other's play via extended training.
And then to play in those positions against the Lions, which is never as tough as a derby game, followed by the return of Hunt for the game against the Rebels, which we have to win.
Please, please - no training injuries.
If they lose to the Lions or rebels, then RG should apply to Nathan Sharpe's recruiting firm.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I posted something in here about a month before the season started (prior to all the injuries, scandals etc) saying the Reds should be targeting the title in 2016, rather than this year. Due to numerous factors including;

1. a dud coach (has been proven extensively on Reds Coaching thread)
2. injury prone/declining players (haven't seen Quade, Holmes or Simmons yet, Kerevi and JOC (James O'Connor) have missed key games and Genia has been average)
3. new guys who will need time to settle (Khunt snorted half the season away)

I hate being right sometimes.

On the upside, if the Reds can get back their full roster and string a few wins together, even under RG, then I have faith that a season of adversity will have done them well and hopefully they can go well in 2016. Guys like Kerevi (when he returns), Kuridrani, Frisby and Talakai will be better after all this game time.

Turtle

Bob McCowan (2)
Three boring voices is no good for morale. Doesn't matter if you're an Einstein of rugby, it's a game that needs people fired up. Put them on their arse early and they'll think twice next time.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I posted something in here about a month before the season started (prior to all the injuries, scandals etc) saying the Reds should be targeting the title in 2016, rather than this year. Due to numerous factors including;

1. a dud coach (has been proven extensively on Reds Coaching thread)
2. injury prone/declining players (haven't seen Quade, Holmes or Simmons yet, Kerevi and JOC (James O'Connor) have missed key games and Genia has been average)
3. new guys who will need time to settle (Khunt snorted half the season away)

I hate being right sometimes.

On the upside, if the Reds can get back their full roster and string a few wins together, even under RG, then I have faith that a season of adversity will have done them well and hopefully they can go well in 2016. Guys like Kerevi (when he returns), Kuridrani, Frisby and Talakai will be better after all this game time.

How about 2017? It always takes at least one season for a new coach to really start making the side sing. See Link, Cheika, and White as good recent examples.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I honestly think 2016 is a decent target and I hope the QRU in their search for a new coach will find someone who believes they can use the current stock to win a title.

The guys I mentioned as up and comers will have rising stock and most likely will be hard to hold onto all of them past their current contracts. Also Adam Thomson and JOC (James O'Connor) were only signed for 2 years I believe?

The players we have are good enough to do it but it was never going to be a 'win now' situation for 2015 imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.