• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I honestly think making the playoffs in 2016 will be a task enough.

Our entire defense and attack need to be restructured (fucking radically) we're probably losing some (if not most/all) of our keystone players before 2016, S&C staff are gone and that entire department sounds like it needs to be rebuilt, plenty of signs of "Old Boys" problems within the upper level administration, and any quality coach we pick up in a RWC year will likely be coming right off the back of their contract as head/assistant for Test Nation X and will barely have the whole preseason to institute their vision/structures.

That's not even to mention where the Tahs/Brumbies are at that point.

I don't think this rebuild is going to be fully instituted, much less bear fruit, by the 2016 season.

Chronology in sport is a real fucker. 2011 feels like it could have been last season still, but can seem decades behind us at the same time (at least, the way things are now). There's a quote out there about reputations, it can take years to build one and only 20 seconds to destroy it - something like that. I don't think professional sports franchises are much different, especially those without things like a draft system or private ownership which can both help a struggling team get along within a shorter time frame than usual.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
he already does play tight head, doesn't he? With Kepu and PAE both headed overseas I wouldn't be too surprised if one of Talakai or Fagaase were lured elsewhere next year and he started to come into the squad. wouldn't be rushing him too much though, I suppose we'll have a better idea where he's at after the NRC.

T

TOCC

Just noticed a mungo club has a hashtag #saveoursaints, whilst not a fan of mungo behaviour I think this is a good way for fans to again voice their disapproval at how their team is travelling.. Ironically both are sponsored by St George..

#SaveOurReds ?
Any other good hashtags that we might be able to start propagating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

In other news.. Greg Holmes, Ben Daley, Beau Robinson, Quade Cooper, Samu Kerevi, Lachie Turner and James O’Connor are all expected to be available for selection for next week’s match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bored so.

15 Turner
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Kerevi
12 Tapuai
11 Kuridrani
10 Cooper
9 Genia
8 Browning
7 Robinson
6 Thompson
5 Horwill
4 McDuling
3 Talakai
2 Fainga'a
1 Slipper

16 Hanson
17 Daley
18 Holmes
19 Kotze
20 Schatz
21 Frisby
22 Fainga'a
23 CFS

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Bored so.

15 Turner
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Kerevi
12 Tapuai
11 Kuridrani
10 Cooper
9 Genia
8 Browning
7 Robinson
6 Thompson
5 Horwill
4 McDuling
3 Talakai
2 Fainga'a
1 Slipper

16 Hanson
17 Daley
18 Holmes
19 Kotze
20 Schatz
21 Frisby
22 Fainga'a
23 CFS

Good looking side just for a change,

I think Id bring Holmes into 3 immediately and let Talakai finish the game,

Agree with you re Shatzie - needs a bit of a wake up call, Reckon he would be shitty and come on with a vengence

I really am looking forward to this game, The Reds season to start,

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Bored so.

15 Turner
14 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Kerevi
12 Tapuai
11 Kuridrani
10 Cooper
9 Genia
8 Browning
7 Robinson
6 Thompson
5 Horwill
4 McDuling
3 Talakai
2 Fainga'a
1 Slipper

16 Hanson
17 Daley
18 Holmes
19 Kotze
20 Schatz
21 Frisby
22 Fainga'a
23 CFS

Like Scrubber, I'd be inclined to start Holmes immediately (it's not like he's injured a knee he would have been running his tits off. Not worried about his ability to start).

I very much agree that Schatz, FTA and CFS deserve a benching in order to get them to wake the fuck up.

But it makes too much sense for RG to let it actually happen.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
On paper, that is a scarily good team. On form, maybe not so much.

I hope we start to get it together and certainly would love it if the Reds belt the snot out of the Lions in a week.

B

Bobby Sands

Sautia's run against the Brumbies was pretty majestic though. More of that please Chris.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sautia's run against the Brumbies was pretty majestic though. More of that please Chris.

Story of CFS from when is was 15

Fabulous talent but lacks motivation or mindset to use that talent on a consistent basis. Bloke is certainly nearly always suspect injury wise as well

Status
Not open for further replies.