• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
RH it's certainly interesting to read you criticise the notion of recruiting a QLD native coach on the hope that a local boy could lead the franchise on successfully, on the same forum that so many lament the overlooking of local young players for imports. We cannot have it both ways.

People want to see the local talent succeed.

Graham did have decent success as an assistant coach in Europe and for the wallabies. Yes his force record was poor. Much like his predecessor and successor though.

It's certainly fair to criticise the results it has yielded and the failure of the board to take action I agree.

But in sport which at times can be an emotional endeavour, sometimes the best candidate in the world cannot incite the same emotion that a local can.

Obviously Graham as failed, but let's aim the criticism the right way, Graham's ability as a Head Coach and his results, not the idea that it would be great to achieve success with a local.

Did he? What was it? What players developed and improved their skills under his tutelage?

The Saracens record doesn't show much for the 2006-2009 period he is listed as being there with average success despite having some big names on the roster.

If his time with the Wallabies was a success I do not want to see failure, as skills coach how was the execution of those basic skills in that time..... However Deans took the lions share of the blame for that. Lets not forget that He joined the Force in 2010 to 2012 when the players basically said no more of this rubbish.

The idea that a local would achieve success isn't the issue, the issue is the candidates and narrowing the field and only considering "locals".

Any selection should be looking not only at the HC role but the entire plan and system that the HC would be looking to bring. So much of Graham's issues have been that he is obviously a poor planner and implementer. The Reds have been reactive under him and nothing has been planned completely. No real 10 back-up, exacerbated by losing players like Harris, Shipperly etc and now Hanson. Loss of S&C staff (there is something worth investigating) at the start of the season.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
RH it's certainly interesting to read you criticise the notion of recruiting a QLD native coach on the hope that a local boy could lead the franchise on successfully, on the same forum that so many lament the overlooking of local young players for imports. We cannot have it both ways.

People want to see the local talent succeed.

Graham did have decent success as an assistant coach in Europe and for the wallabies. Yes his force record was poor. Much like his predecessor and successor though.

It's certainly fair to criticise the results it has yielded and the failure of the board to take action I agree.

But in sport which at times can be an emotional endeavour, sometimes the best candidate in the world cannot incite the same emotion that a local can.

Obviously Graham as failed, but let's aim the criticism the right way, Graham's ability as a Head Coach and his results, not the idea that it would be great to achieve success with a local.
I am a little different from all other Reds fans.

To me they are the Reds, not Queensland. I see them as a franchise that I choose to support that happen to be based where I live. If they moved I would still follow them.

I dont care where our players come from, I want a winning team, same as the coach. BUT, and it is a bit but I think that every franchise does have a duty to support local rugby and promote good players from junior and club rugby where possible and this will inevitably lead to local talent playing for the local franchise.

The reds employ professionals, they as a pro they should be able to dedicate themselves as much as a local even if they are from somewhere else.

A guy like Beau Robinson is not local but has as much passion for his team as you could ever expect from a player.

Oz talent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hate to say it, but i recall a brums fan on here predicting a long year for the reds back in january and he copped it from all over!

T

TOCC

Reds 'The Flash' Jersey, is this for the Waratahs match?

5d7ed414777f7d2c2605c8ae255c46b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Well in the spirit of the Festival of Hate, I guess you do need to talk about the Waratahs on this thread because there is little positive Reds news to discuss. The comical jumper really sums it all up doesn't it?<bait launched> :)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
It is happening for this match and is part of BLK's superhero round - which I think is only us and the Rebels.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
But why? Is it for charity? It's tacky as fuck. Bet all the ex players are stoked the Queensland jersey is being turned into a gimmick
It doesn't appear so - it looks to just be a BLK thing. So......... Money.

I don't believe the QRU have any issues with what the jersey means because they have put more importance in keeping their incompetent mates on the gravy train than the jersey for two seasons.

Irrespective - I think the jersey looks good. I want one.

(I liked the dc, marvel and 2000ad comics as a kid, so.I am not too picky about the superheros).

Status
Not open for further replies.