• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
CFS just has to stay on the field for extended periods - not get injured again and again. Starting to remind of another incredible talent : Aiden

This - no point in considering CFS as a starter when the only thing certain is his hammy going pop. Last thing we want is to depend on another guy to be there when in the last two years he probably hasn't been fit to play an entire seasons worth of games.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Hang on, excuse my rusty memory here, but isn't CFS out ATM with a shoulder/arm injury? He's only missed one or two matches this year due to a hamstring tweak/slight strain or something like that.

His hammy's have been much better this year as you'd hope they would as he gets older and his growth slows. He's 20 or so, lets not get to carried away here, the guys a massive talent and is still learning and getting bigger!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hang on, excuse my rusty memory here, but isn't CFS out ATM with a shoulder/arm injury? He's only missed one or two matches this year due to a hamstring tweak/slight strain or something like that.

His hammy's have been much better this year as you'd hope they would as he gets older and his growth slows. He's 20 or so, lets not get to carried away here, the guys a massive talent and is still learning and getting bigger!

Great lets get him back to the Reds when he's 25, fully grown and not susceptable ti injury

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Forget weight. Strength in contact is something that can't be quantified or measured. That's what we want and need somewhere in the back line, preferably in a couple of positions. No more talking about weight.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Forget weight. Strength in contact is something that can't be quantified or measured. That's what we want and need somewhere in the back line, preferably in a couple of positions. No more talking about weight.

Yeah Scoey but being 110kg is a good start

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah Scoey but being 110kg is a good start

I just really don't think so Scrubber. I know more than enough 110+kg guys that are seriously soft as pensioners turds. It really is about 5% how much you weigh and 95% attitude, strength and technique.

Here's a prime example. James Horwill. I know he's a forward and we're talking backs but regardless, his weight wouldn't have changed much if at all since 2011. Yet his impact has, markedly.

T

Train Without a Station

But also likely due to multiple leg injuries and reduced training loads, his strength and fitness would have.

It's harder to have an impact with each involvement when you're at a lower fitness level and therefore each involvement is taking more out of you.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I just really don't think so Scrubber. I know more than enough 110+kg guys that are seriously soft as pensioners turds. It really is about 5% how much you weigh and 95% attitude, strength and technique.

Here's a prime example. James Horwill. I know he's a forward and we're talking backs but regardless, his weight wouldn't have changed much if at all since 2011. Yet his impact has, markedly.

Another example playing great football atm is Hooper. Small for a forward but makes impressive metres through his leg drive in contact.

T

TOCC

Agreed scrubber, i think everyone knows exactly what you are referring too..

Weight obviously isn't everything, but been a pro athlete is about finding the fine balance between size, strength, power, speed, fitness etc etc..

CFS has a big physique to build on, whether he needs to trim down to 95kg or if he can perform better at 105kg is a question the S&C team at the Reds are surely trying to figure out.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

My theory on Horwill is that it is all to do with speed, or rather acceleration. He just doesn't have that acceleration off the mark that makes all the difference by the time you hit the defensive line or run at a half gap.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Choo choo I'm coming to see you.

NB65CeM.jpg

It should say something very bad to reds supporters when all the supporters of a players last aussie franchise find it freaking hilarious that you are even thinking of signing this walking disaster.

In fact, the last time something similar happened was when RG came over to you guys from the force with general sentiments of 'remember lads, no returns!!'

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
McKenzie open to O'Connor returning to Australia:

http://www.superxv.com/42898/1/mckenzie-open-to-oconnor-returning-to-australia#.U6rw9vl5MwY

Coach McKenzie says that he welcomes the prospect of having O'Connor available for the Rugby World Cup in England next year.

"The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned," McKenzie told The Australian

"He has got X-factor. He can make things happen in attack. He is a very tidy player. He can do all the fundamentals of the game and he is a very good goal-kicker.

"He is a pretty complete player and very experienced. He's got 40-something tests at his young age."

"If he keeps the same rate of progress he will easily go over the 100 mark. That's the challenge. He has to resurrect all that."

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Mate, have a read of the earlier posts RE the difference between the two. Chalk and cheese.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.