• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Not to put the Rebels down but you did just take half of the most dysfunctional backline in Super Rugby. I'm not sure teams will be shaking in there boots over Ships, Harris next season. Even though Harris has been one the Reds best..

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Dysfunctional? Perhaps. Talented? No doubt.

A new coach, a new team, a new environment and suddenly booya! It happens all the time. These boys haven't forgotten how to play.

I'll be reminding you of this when our new lads give your boys a smashing in 2015!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Picture-610.png

Pictured: The Rebels enjoying the fruit from the lemon tree they stole from the Reds.

Yes. That makes Melbourne Shelbyville.

D

daz

Careful, BH. We'll be coming after your mob next.

Like everything else that is good in this fine country, it is only a matter of time before the national rugby heartland is located in Melbourne.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Shipperly has been disappointing for a couple of years now. Hope he comes good for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Careful, BH. We'll be coming after your mob next.

Like everything else that is good in this fine country, it is only a matter of time before the national rugby heartland is located in Melbourne.
With the grease trap that is Bass Strait, Melbourne is the sump of Australia. Tasmanians rejoice daily. Twice.
Now that's how to offend several states at once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

T

Train Without a Station

Fucking genius call to clean out Davies. Hasn't he been shithouse tonight...

T

Train Without a Station

TOCC I do agree, but think 2014 has been his best season since. A few handling issues but his strength in contact has improved dramatically.

Also, a good coach gets those performances out of a player consistently.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Rocket gets a bad wrap I reckon. If there is a sniff of a try then he has usually scored it. This year he has not done so well, but seriously who in the back line really has? In a dis functional team the wingers are usually going to struggle.

And you can't coach speed.

He has been really good for the reds and I will be sorry to see him go.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Rocket gets a bad wrap I reckon. If there is a sniff of a try then he has usually scored it. This year he has not done so well, but seriously who in the back line really has? In a dis functional team the wingers are usually going to struggle.

And you can't coach speed.

He has been really good for the reds and I will be sorry to see him go.

I feel a sense of excitement whenever he gets near the ball with a bit of space with his extreme pace & twinkle toes.
He's still young, just getting past his hamstring issues & you'd think coming into his prime. I feel it is a very big loss.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rocket has been as dangerous as he's ever been this year no doubt. But he unfortunately still has a fair bit of consistency in his game. His ball skills have let him down big time, and even those one handed carries last night scared me constantly. His pure speed is such an asset though.

He's, I believe, one of those players the Reds wanted to keep to a certain level, but he wanted much more and could get that even if it meant playing 2nd division in France.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah exactly. Hunt is considerably less of a risk than Folau was due to his schoolboy background and the fact that he has successfully played a number of positions in top flight professional rugby also.

And yet the ARU aren't going to put any money up for Hunt like they have for Folau. Again NSW get the better treatment.

We have a salary cap then this outside payment system that isn't included in that. Anyone think this creates and unfair playing field and could be seen as a restriction of trade?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Rocket has been as dangerous as he's ever been this year no doubt. But he unfortunately still has a fair bit of consistency in his game. His ball skills have let him down big time, and even those one handed carries last night scared me constantly. His pure speed is such an asset though.

He's, I believe, one of those players the Reds wanted to keep to a certain level, but he wanted much more and could get that even if it meant playing 2nd division in France.

Yeah it's also worth noting that while Biarritz is 2nd div they only just got demoted and the mayor has given them a 400 000 euro cash injection to get back to the top so they've been actively recruiting. I imagine the money they offered him was not just more then he was on or the Reds wanted to give him but more then they could give him.

Status
Not open for further replies.