• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
It's been said before but there surely cannot be a more incompetent organisation in the sporting world. The subbies clubs are run better than this mob..

Check out how the Football (soccer) teams were run in Queensland and don't forget the Brisbane Lions. The Reds are getting close to that rung though.

Reactions: gel

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Good luck the JOC (James O'Connor) wherever he ends up. Might be a blessing in disguise. Having lost some dominant personalities in Kev and Sanchez, trying to mould a working Reds team in 2016 with what is left will be key and you'd only want blokes that are fully committed and it sounds like JOC (James O'Connor) has had his head elsewhere.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I am just as concerned about how many former NRL players are being looked at or recruited for the Reds. Surely there are enough strong union candidates in Australian rugby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sooooooooooo who paid for JOC (James O'Connor)'s surgery and now rehab? Seems Toulon got a bargain out of this.

With the Force, Rebels and now Reds bitten by him, surely he's running out of options of playing for the Wallabies again (I doubt the Brumbies will bother with him and, so the tahs could low ball him if he wants the extra 16 caps).

Perhaps some sort of compromise deal has been worked out between Reds, ARU and Toulon offsetting QC (Quade Cooper) contractual shenanigans for The Brand's contractual shenanigans.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Surely the upside for the Reds is they're getting a player off their books that has injury issues and would have played a full season in Europe before returning to play Super Rugby in 2016.

JOC (James O'Connor) would have been contracted with them up until now you'd assume and it is reasonable that the Reds were responsible for his surgery/rehab as they're who his current contract was with.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Call me delusional but I honestly think the space in the cap will now mean that Cooper will be named on the team sheet for round 1 in 2016, as if nothing ever happened.

Please someone call me delusional I don't want to get my hopes up just to be crushed.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Call me delusional but I honestly think the space in the cap will now mean that Cooper will be named on the team sheet for round 1 in 2016, as if nothing ever happened.

Please someone call me delusional I don't want to get my hopes up just to be crushed.
You're delusional. Quade is listed on the Toulon website just like JOC (James O'Connor) is/was.

http://www.rctoulon.com/equipe-pro/effectif/

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
I agree with you, I am delusional. Don't you think though its obvious Quade really doesn't want to leave whereas JOC (James O'Connor) didn't really want to stay.
I think Quade really wants to play in the Olympics next year, and really wanted to play in the World Cup this year. The latter is sorted and apparetnly that former has now been arranged with Toulon

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

You're delusional.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I had a look at the Reds Facebook announcement re JOC (James O'Connor). A lot of people thinking it a good decision as we are better off without him. I got to Hynsie's comment, unless these other issues get sorted we'll be cannon fodder in 2016;

"So we have lost James Horwill (100 reds plus 61 WB caps), Quade Cooper (100 reds, 60 odd WB), Will Genia (100 Reds, 63 WB ) James Hanson (80 plus and possible be reds player last year) Adam Thompson ( 112 caps World Cup winning All Black) and now James O'Connor (71 Super, 40 WB) and who exactly have we signed? Add to the fact the we have an under performing head coach and no other significant signings other than Douglas we are in more strife than Flash Gordon. Half and five eight is the prob the two most crucial positions in rugby and we have no coverage in those positions at all. Nick F still has a lot of development to be a first class 9 although the potential is there. His selection at 10 last year would have put his development back. 800 caps walking out the door in key positions so I'd be really keen to hard about reds strategy to retain the few quality players left and how we fill the gapping hole left in the backline."

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
WTF can't those who follow rugby in Queensland spell Thomson correctly? It's not that difficult.
Mate you're going alright if that's worth taking exception with, again.
As a Reds fan we have slightly bigger fish to fry than whether or not people spell his name with or without a P.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Hynesie is exactly right. The Reds have a potentially good forward pack (though thin on depth) but will be outgunned by almost everyone in the backs.

It would take fucking exceptional coaching to take the our highly inexperienced crop of backs, however much potential they might be, and get them up to Super Rugby winning level.

Our squad last year was talented, experienced and balanced but clearly poorly coached, largely unfit and not well managed injury wise. Our squad this year will be young and fit with plenty of potential but inexperienced, unbalanced and is STILL probably going to be poorly coached.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
There's no hiding the fact that our squad for 2016 is going to be a lot less experienced than this year but I don't think it's going to be boys against men.

Slipper, Faainga, Holmes, Simmons, Douglas, Browning, Gill and Tui in the forwards and Frisby, McIntyre, CFS, Kerevi, Magnay, Kuridrani and Hunt in the backs is still a pretty decent team.

Our centres are a worry and some experience in the halves would help but we still have 3 (?) spots to fill in our squad and our marquee spot open. The big limiting factor for us next year will be the same as it was this year; our head coach. How much of a factor it will be remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.