• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Its fair to say Beau was below his best, but he hardly got enough game time to really get into his groove, whether its through injury or Gilly returning he hasnt had a proper ppportunity since 2012. Hes only 29, not 35 and im sure given the chance to retake his jersey he wouldnt dissapoint.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Unfortunately Beau is yesterday's man now. If the Reds are looking for a genuine fetcher then look at QPR or the Shute Shield, if not have a look at the NPC in NZ to see if anyone looks up to the challenge.
Isnt that why you have Gunn?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Passing Through

Frank Row (1)
As a Harlequins & Reds fan, I heard that Beau is being released by Quins. He hardly featured at all which is a shame. Quins signed him as injury cover but he was already injured himself. Think he managed a couple of A (development) games but that was it. Good dynamic player if only he could stay fit. Still has something to offer.

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
He hasn't played well since 2014 and is having a very public running battle with his coach over his contract ($$$$).

Kicking game isn't Super Rugby standard and really hasn't been a first grade NRL player for a season and a half now. Of course these things can be worked on but I'd prefer to keep working on one of the options already at Ballymore than overpaying for Keary.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Jim Carmichael is apparently clearing his desk.

Queensland Reds chief executive Jim Carmichael will serve his final day at Ballymore today.

Carmichael was due to leave at the end of the Super Rugby season but Reds chairman Damian Frawley will announce his departure to QRU staff on Friday morning.

Fairfax Media understands the highly regarded football manager and former Wallaby centre Daniel Herbert will operate in a caretaker capacity.

Phil Lutton reports

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Strange to leave prior to the new guy coming in. Herbert as caretaker seems to have settled into a position of some considerable support from the Board.

We've had a shaky couple of years with hard-to-understand persistence with RG - BUT this bloke saw us through our most successful period, on an off the field.

All the best Carmichael.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Reds scrum is the best in the game, but the last 2 games it has come under the most pressure. Still dominate and strong against the canes and sader's but they have managed to hold the scrum. This has caught out the Reds With no expected penalties like they have been use to. And the oppositions have gone into scored easy points against the Reds.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The sadist and canes scrum performed exactly as expected. Both sides have great scrums.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
They didn't really play for penalties in the last few games on their own ball, when they could have more.

And.....McIntyre :( Guy just isn't up to this level.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds scrum is the best in the game, but the last 2 games it has come under the most pressure. Still dominate and strong against the canes and sader's but they have managed to hold the scrum. This has caught out the Reds With no expected penalties like they have been use to. And the oppositions have gone into scored easy points against the Reds.
I love the Reds scrum.. your great.. not your forward play .. not so great

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

I does not help when you get immediate dominance and then are told to use it straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.