• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

CFS to 14 is a big reason why he is playing so well.

It is a different position, and one he is more comfortable. He is a very different winger to Digby.

I don't doubt he got a "rocket" either, but the thought that he was playing poorly on purpose and needed a "rocket" to perform is a it layman from where I sit.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CFS - Is it the change to 14 or did 'someone' put a rocket under him?

I think there was a certain level of uncertainty within him and where he was playing- out centre, either wing and off the bench.

Knuckles basically said you are left winger, and that's it for the season. That probably re-assured him a bit.

T

Train Without a Station

I can't see why the ARU or Redsshould bail out QC (Quade Cooper) on this one. HSould be taken out of his managers salary. Its his mistake !!!!

Pretty naive comment really.

If they think there's value in it, they most certainly should spend it. I'm not saying there's value, but views like yours saying it shouldn't be done on principle are stupid.

If they needed to offer an extra $75k a year over 2 years to get him to sign would you be against it?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
CFS - Is it the change to 14 or did 'someone' put a rocket under him?

Young bloke built up to be the next big thing despite him being young and green. He then suffers a nasty run of injury that would dent any players confidence. That is behind him now and I think he has just hit that point where he is comfortable where he is at. Good to see.

I love the way he is getting more involved and goes looking for work.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Pretty naive comment really.

If they think there's value in it, they most certainly should spend it. I'm not saying there's value, but views like yours saying it shouldn't be done on principle are stupid.

If they needed to offer an extra $75k a year over 2 years to get him to sign would you be against it?

Also - It's not like QC (Quade Cooper) is begging for it. I'm pretty sure the alternative of being a paid ~$1m a season is quite palatable to him. He/His manager is simply saying "theres a way he can stay - this is what it will contractually take" Ever since his toxic comment - he hasn't been shown too much faith by the ARU so fair play to him for getting the most money he can - remembering that his contract negotiations with the QRU have always been relatively no fuss

T

TOCC

We should see a Quade announcement in the next week or so, I think it's leaning towards him departing at this stage

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Thanks TOCC. I'm a, 'pull the band-aid off quick' kinda guy. The sooner we can find out what Quade and Liam et al are doing the better for mine. Whether we are cheering or grieving is another matter altogether.

EDIT: Just on that, in the post match interview with Gill after the Rebels game, Liam said he would be making a decision in the next two weeks. I wonder if something on that front is imminent? Do you know anything about this?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Scoey, I'm the opposite. Drag it out.

The longer this plays out, the more likely we are to get to the time when Graham is officially non-renewed which may be a factor in giving the Gill confidence to stay.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Reds Current Confirmed Contracts
Props (4)
Hookers (2)
Locks (2)
Backrow (2)
Halfback (2)
Five Eighth (1)
Centre (3)
Wing (2)
Fullback (2)

Loose Ends needing to be confirmed - fairly soon

Off Contract at end of 2015
Quade Cooper (likely to be signed by Toulon)
LF Gill (loose forward)
Beau Robinson (loose forward)
Curtis Browning (loose forward)
David McDuling (lock)
Adam Thomson (Foreign Marquee) (loose forward)
Hendrik Tui (Foreign Marquee) (loose forward)

Unsigned/Unknown for 2016
Greg Holmes (prop)
Pettowa Paraka (prop) 2015 EDS
Ed O'Donoghue (lock)
Marco Kotze (lock) 2015 EDS
Tom Murday (lock) 2015 Short Term Contract
Ed Quirk (loose forward)
Jake Schatz (loose forward)
Lolo Fakosilea (loose forward) 2015 EPS
Scott Gale (halfback) 2015 Short Term Contract
Jake McIntyre (flyhalf) 2015 EDS
Sam Greene (flyhalf) 2015 Short Term Contract
Chris Feauai-Sautia (centre)
Samu Kerevi (centre)
Ben Tapuai (centre)
Sam Johnson (centre) 2015 EDS
Lachlan Turner (winger)
Tom Banks (winger) 2015 Short Term Contract

Edit: Just a reminder that we are keeping the initial post on page 1 of this thread up to date as more information on the contractual status of the 2015 Squad and EDS are confirmed.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes if the the number of loosies we've used this season is any indicator (and I hope it's not) then we probably need more than we had this year!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
FYI - This was our 32 man squad at the start of this year.
Props: Ben Daley, Greg Holmes & James Slipper (c)

Hookers: Saia Fainga’a, James Hanson & Andrew Ready

Locks: James Horwill, Rob Simmons (vc), Dave McDuling & Ed O’Donohue

Backrowers: Curtis Browning, Lolo Fakaosilea, Liam Gill, Ed Quirk, Beau Robinson, Jake Schatz, Adam Thomson & Hendrick Tui

Halves: Will Genia, Nick Frisby, Quade Cooper & Duncan Paia’aua

Centres: Anthony Fainga’a, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Samu Kerevi, Campbell Magnay & Ben Tapuai

Outside Backs: Karmichael Hunt (vc), Chris Kuridrani, James O’Connor, Jamie-Jerry Taulagi & Lachie Turner

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yes but that was because we had three of those not pull on a jersey (that includes Beau).Which, in hindsight worked out well due to the depth. However, now that Lolo has been (briefly) blooded he name gets more weight as does Korcyk (which is additional). So there is still an extra cap not included in the above. My point more so is that we have a lot more coverage (and dare I say quality coverage) for the backrow than anyone else. The squad needs some (re)balance.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The challenge for the Reds is working out how much they want to keep Fakaosilea, Korcyk and Gunn and what the chances are of those players getting signed elsewhere if they don't get a contract at the Reds in 2016.

I'd probably say that Fakaosilea is the most important to keep because he's the most likely to get signed by another side. Gunn is probably the least likely to get signed elsewhere because most franchises are flush full of openside flankers.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I think Gunn needs to be secured long term, because Robinson hasn't got much left, and Gill is still uncertain.

Gunn is a great talent and needs to be kept.

Lolo Fakaosilea is in the same boat when you consider Quirk is arguably done in QLD, Shatz is not the answer at 8, we aren't sure on Thompson & Tui.

I though Lolo had been signed though?

T

Train Without a Station

Unless Quirk does something amazing next year he needs to be let go. Based on his career to date, he's not going to be in our best 23 and he would be taking an up and coming player's spot if he was on the roster.

Schatz next in the sights once we know who our long term replacement for Quirk is (Perhaps Lolo).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's interesting that Lolo played 6 for the U20s and Korczyk number 8 in their first game when I'd have them pegged the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.