• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
There seems to be a lot of hurt be it real or imagined in rugby over the last 5 years or so ...the development of the game had been hampered years before with the windfall of the RWC proceeds seemingly lacking in a strategic sense ...the microscopic attention by the press towards young athlete's for their deeds and misdeeds has been heightened .....throw in the pressures that journalists face as the once proud profession finds that in some quarters journalists seem to have become a part of the news cycle by instigating stories and agendas they would not have touched years before but for the pressures of supplying copy against a backdrop of dwindling readership (seen more in political coverage but still evident in sport) . The transference from that of an Amateur code to that of a Professional code has been a somewhat painful birthing process ....with many great things done along with abject failures on all sides . I feel more confident that the ARU is on the right path following its recent survey conducted , lets hope they use this initiative wisely and feel if they have failed to canvass the right questions that they ask us for further consideration going forward . The Queensland RU response to the Quade Cooper situation appears a symptom of the times we live in , Quade seems to have developed into a fine young man as he has overcome his earlier misdemeanours under an unprecedented media spotlight . The cap issues at the QRU may have more to do with the Karmichael Hunt signing rather than QC (Quade Cooper)'s player management being unreasonable . A strong Reds is vital for our code in this country ... GO AUSTRALIA ,GO WALLABIES I'll say no more .

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think fatprop posted a rumour started on another web site about QC (Quade Cooper) having done his shoulder again.

I scoffed at it but have since heard from a legitimate source that is the case. Not sure how bad, but it could threaten his Wallaby chances and indeed the contract in France.

Allegedly...

T

Train Without a Station

Obviously if the QRU really wanted to keep Quade at all costs they would have agreed to pay him whatever he wanted. How much is the player worth with the time he has played and the level of excellance displayed - $400K, $800K, $1million, $2 million - There has to be a reconiliation by the mob paying the money between value - value as a player, value as a drawcard.

People talk about respect, not being made VC etc etc etc

The bottom line here was $$$$ and how many.

Does amyone really believe that if the QRU offered him $1-2 million dollars he wouldn't have signed......

How do you know the bottom line was dollars? If the bottom line was dollars he would have gone to France 5 years ago and never returned.

Perhaps you only chased the dollar in your career, but I at times have taken a pay cut to follow a more desirable path and it's not at all inconceivable that a professional rugby player may do the same thing.

It doesn't all come down to $$$.

Generally I find the time that people do complain about $$$ the most, is when they find an inferior counterpart earning more at the same company.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think fatprop posted a rumour started on another web site about QC (Quade Cooper) having done his shoulder again.

I scoffed at it but have since heard from a legitimate source that is the case. Not sure how bad, but it could threaten his Wallaby chances and indeed the contract in France.

Allegedly.

Wonky shoulders wouldn't be much good for a boxing career, and QC (Quade Cooper) has had some upper body wonkyness this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Allegedly.

You wouldn't think that can remain quiet for very long if it is the case.

Maybe there is a wait for more scans or he's hoping to play through it to the RWC?

Maybe that is where the 7s rumour comes from. If he does need a full shoulder reconstruction there would be the assumption that the Toulon deal could fall over at least for 2015/16 on medical grounds which could make playing 7s on a lower value contract a more realistic option.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
How do you know the bottom line was dollars? If the bottom line was dollars he would have gone to France 5 years ago and never returned.

Perhaps you only chased the dollar in your career, but I at times have taken a pay cut to follow a more desirable path and it's not at all inconceivable that a professional rugby player may do the same thing.

It doesn't all come down to $$$.

Generally I find the time that people do complain about $$$ the most, is when they find an inferior counterpart earning more at the same company.

TWAS - you are dreaming - however it would be nice if you were rught

T

TOCC

I agree with TWAS, it doesn't always come down to $$ but it does play a pretty big role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

When it usually comes down to $$$ is if an offer is very low.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Haven't the Reds, Rebs, Force 'wider' Wallaby squad members - of which QC (Quade Cooper) was one - been training under Stiles et al at Ballymore from Monday this week? That plan was certainly announced when this squad was announced. If QC (Quade Cooper)'s shoulder was that bad all over again, could he have trained at all with this group?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)

Allegedly.

If his shoulder is crocked again, why has he been visiting family and friend in NZ without a sling on?

If he needs another recon I just don't see how the current visit overseas would be playing out the way it seems to be. He'd be in way too much pain, for starters. I'm pretty sure he'd be outside the window now too of where inflammation could interfere with any surgical work.

He's always gone under the knife as quickly as possible in the past and doing so now would be in his best interest as much as it always has been for any player that has an injury they can't play through or with. Doesn't add up much for me, but who knows.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Haven't the Reds, Rebs, Force 'wider' Wallaby squad members - of which QC (Quade Cooper) was one - been training under Stiles et al at Ballymore from Monday this week? That plan was certainly announced when this squad was announced. If QC (Quade Cooper)'s shoulder was that bad all over again, could he have trained at all with this group?

he's been in NZ

Rugger Mate

Allen Oxlade (6)
Considering they haven't announced a signing of a 10, I'd wager that that waiting would have changed nothing right now.

I don't understand this view that negotiations with Quade are precluding them from negotiating with a replacement.

Pretty sure they already had a replacement signed that will be announced shortly. A No 10 who has over 30 super rugby caps and probably won't be available for the NRC

T

Train Without a Station

Sounds like Hegarty. Except he has just signed to Japan. Or Zack Holmes but he has just signed to France.

Pretty sure either would not be able to be signed.

They are the only 2 Aus based 10s with that level of experience. Not sure any Aus eligible but overseas based ones (or units as fat prop would say) fit that profile either

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
shoulder injury story has broken
:
Quade Cooper's immediate future with the Wallabies has come under a fresh injury cloud as the five-eighth battles another shoulder injury ahead of the Rugby Championship.

Cooper has been among a number of players yet to make an appearance at the Wallaby train-on squad sessions and has been consulting medical staff over the past few days.
The seriousness of the injury remains unknown at this point.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sounds like Hegarty. Except he has just signed to Japan. Or Zack Holmes but he has just signed to France.

Pretty sure either would not be able to be signed.

They are the only 2 Aus based 10s with that level of experience. Not sure any Aus eligible but overseas based ones (or units as fat prop would say) fit that profile either

or someone from NZ or SA or an Aussie currently OS ?
all will out as they say

T

TOCC

not all injuries require surgery straight away, you can postpone them for a while and still perform at 80-90% but the issue is when you try to train it becomes inflamed easy and limits your training, so in the long term your overall performance will decline and thats why players book in surgery for the end of season.

Status
Not open for further replies.