• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
shoulder injury story has broken
:

He looked to be holding in the pain when he scored his last ever try for the Reds. And By his social media he has been across the Dutch for a week visiting family. So something is going on.

Looks like the 60 wallaby caps will be dropped to 55 caps to be based overseas and play for the wallabies. :)

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
For my own interest and understanding. Have the Reds pulled all contracts and given up on the chase quade or does one still stand from the previous talks before this all came to a abrupt finish by the Reds. Read what I have read but no better place then here for a better answer.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
For my own interest and understanding. Have the Reds pulled all contracts and given up on the chase quade or does one still stand from the previous talks before this all came to a abrupt finish by the Reds. Read what I have read but no better place then here for a better answer.

I think they've pulled their final offer and stopped negotiating. There's nothing on the table. Unless Quade/Khoder comes back and wants to start afresh, which would have to be at a remarkably reduced rate considering the potential of this latest injury.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I think they've pulled their final offer and stopped negotiating. There's nothing on the table. Unless Quade/Khoder comes back and wants to start afresh, which would have to be at a remarkably reduced rate considering the potential of this latest injury.

Perhaps just a tad melodramatic and assured given that no one really knows just how serious or otherwise this 'injury' is?

One scenario could well be that he has surgery now and is back fit and ready for the 2016 season, that would not necessarily diminish his 2016 onwards contract value. His income is secured for 2015.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perhaps just a tad melodramatic and assured given that no one really knows just how serious or otherwise this 'injury' is?

One scenario could well be that he has surgery now and is back fit and ready for the 2016 season, that would not necessarily diminish his 2016 onwards contract value. His income is secured for 2015.

for sure, need to find out the severity of the injury no doubt.

As to your scenario, well correct as there are probably a dozen scenarios. An adjunct to yours is that yet another injury (3rd this year), on top of his recent run (he's played less than 60% of Reds games since the start of 2012) would seem to lead to a question as to his value at the highest level.

It's a massive question, given what he provides when fit and his profile. But still a question that needs asking. And one that Khoder seems likely to have to deal with pretty soon.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
khoder dealt with it when QC (Quade Cooper) signed with Toulon.
If the question of QC (Quade Cooper)'s durability needs to be answered,it has to be answered by the Tahs/Wobblies/7's guys when they evaluate what he is worth to them.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bugger what the Tahs/Wobs/Aust 7's guys think.

Sydney University have struggled with the flyhalf position this year. They landed Berrick Barnes last time and what The Corporation wants, they usually get. If they land QC (Quade Cooper), then they will be able to have either Foley or Cooper for their Shute Shield games (and the Sydney Stars), depending on which of the two are not needed by Darryl Gibson for Tah's duty. Simples.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
khoder dealt with it when QC (Quade Cooper) signed with Toulon.
If the question of QC (Quade Cooper)'s durability needs to be answered,it has to be answered by the Tahs/Wobblies/7's guys when they evaluate what he is worth to them.

well, depending on the nature of the injury, if it's as bad as suggested then Toulon will be off the table. Which makes it still a Khoder issue.

T

Train Without a Station

Surely if Toulon are able to walk away from the deal then Quade is not bound as many are reporting.

Either that of Nasser is a very poor manager and he's allowed his client to sign and lock himself a contract with his financial security exposed over that contract period.

I really can't comment on French rugby, but how many contracts in other sports have any clauses allowing the team to walk away if the player gets injured in the current season?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think there is an injury clause in most professional contracts, or at least its becoming more a thing in France at least.

T

TOCC

French Rugby has a notorious reputation for player welfare in terms of paying out the contracts of injured players, happened to Daniel Herbert at Perpignan.

T

Train Without a Station

I remember reading about the Dan Herbert incident but times have changed. That same club had no issue paying Carter to sit on the sideline a few years back, did they?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Certainly wasn't in any of ours this year unfortunately.

I wouldn't be surprised if this sort of clause existed in the Australian contracts too.

The difference is where the injury occurs. Quade got injured playing/training for the Reds.

Having said that it will be interesting to know how much of Hendrix Tui's contract the Reds had to pay. Presumably there would have been some sort of injury clause there. Maybe the Reds had to back away from the deal altogether though if they wanted to avoid paying him.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Force put it in their contract with former Reds winger Caleb Brown many years ago. He subsequently failed a fitness test and lost his contract.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
But not smart.
If he thought QC (Quade Cooper)'s Toulon contract might be in doubt,why would he go out of his way to antagonise the QC (Quade Cooper) camp.
If French Rugby is out,he gets a huge pay reduction.
Surely the Reds would love a piece of cut price Quade?

Status
Not open for further replies.