• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Folau ONLY wants to play fullback - not wing.

His contract with the Reds will surely state same.

Folau is about as loyal as a Tiger. Solitary animal that doesn't generally live in prides or groups. He is about the big bucks.

Went from the Broncs in League to AFL (on huge money) to Rugby with the Tahs. Has supposedly got the shits down there (for particular reasons) and would like to head north. Reds are broke so must be heavily subsidised by the ARU. At least his religious views will be well supported by a fundamentalist up here:)

Suppose he'd have to check with his missus

Have heard on good authority (take it leave it).

Having said that he makes a pretty handy addition at 15

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Folau ONLY wants to play fullback - not wing.

When you've won the John Eales Medal three of the last four years and are closing in on becoming the greatest try scorer in Super Rugby history you've probably got a pretty solid case to demand that you play in the position you've played in for the vast majority of the games that have brought you that success.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
When you've won the John Eales Medal three of the last four years and are closing in on becoming the greatest try scorer in Super Rugby history you've probably got a pretty solid case to demand that you play in the position you've played in for the vast majority of the games that have brought you that success.

Absolutely 100% correct.

Others with the selection power may not necessarily agree with US.

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
There’s one thing that really bothers me about Thorne’s remarks on why he has a zero tolerance on drugs and his personal experience with them.

Did he and his wife ostracise her brother and tell him to find another family?

I don’t think so.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
There’s one thing that really bothers me about Thorne’s remarks on why he has a zero tolerance on drugs and his personal experience with them.

Did he and his wife ostracise her brother and tell him to find another family?

I don’t think so.

AND what will he do IF one of his children succumbs to drugs or depression or whatever.
No doubt he'll chuck them out of the family

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Absolutely 100% correct.

Others with the selection power may not necessarily agree with US.
Who though? Gibson? Besides the relatively unsuccessful stint at 13, he's always played fullback. Couple of blokes around the forum suggest wing but that seems to be it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Folau would be a brilliant winger, but we don't need more talented wingers right now. Keep him at 15 and everyone wins.

Like in NRL fullbacks are much more valuable players than wingers.

In the NRL they get paid a shitload more than whingers.

Same in rugby. Great fullbacks are fairly rare. Great whingers drop off trees like fucken mangoes !

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
This forum is a huge source of fake news, buttttt I do believe amongst the rabble there is snippets or inside information as many people in these forums do work, have worked, know people who work, in these professional environments in a variety of roles. I would never dismiss anything in this forum but doooo try to make it clear if I have heard it from a source, or read it from another keen bean on this forum.

Though fake news or not, I think the sideline whispers are at least 50% of what keeps me coming back. Facts are great, but so are intrigue, hope, disapointment, speculation and debate.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Article suggests he is staying put (contract and all). Apparently he’s keen to play nrl and broncos were keen to have him. Nothing formal has eventuated though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So apparently Ready was part of the departing player showreel after the game.

Anyone have an idea where to?

Status
Not open for further replies.