• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What's the go on Gav Luka? Apart from having a great name of course.
EDIT: just looked him up and he's a unit and a half, very young prop too at 21.

Is he another one of these incredible young props that QLD just keep finding wedged down the back of the couch?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Was certain Daugunu had broken his arm when it happened. Was tough move to try and run it off. But only a matter of time before he was targeted.

I thought it was strange the physio didn't pull him straight off. Hopefully, that means it it's only a hairline fracture.

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Has Teti Tela been capped for the Reds yet? Had a feeling he didn't get off the bench previously. Looks like he will be the tour backup to Hegarty.

I see that Hardy is named in the touring squad so not required for the U20s, and CFS is back from injury.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
What's the go on Gav Luka? Apart from having a great name of course.
EDIT: just looked him up and he's a unit and a half, very young prop too at 21.

Is he another one of these incredible young props that QLD just keep finding wedged down the back of the couch?

Gav Luka was a good schoolboy player who has had a bad run with injuries since school finished, this is really his first season back training and playing proper since he finished school. He hasn’t played much rugby the past two seasons.

B

Bobby Sands

Any word on how Jordy is recovering? I still think he is a chance for the WC, I rate him that highly.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder if they can do an "unplanned" Indigenous Jersey unveiling at their next game.

I'd suggest they would have their normal indigenous round this year (not sure when but I'd suggest the 1 June game v the Jags which is played during National Reconciliation Week). They would plan the jersey around this (as well as a whole bunch of other activity including bringing some of their indigenous program participants coming to the game).

B

Bobby Sands

I'd suggest they would have their normal indigenous round this year (not sure when but I'd suggest the 1 June game v the Jags which is played during National Reconciliation Week). They would plan the jersey around this (as well as a whole bunch of other activity including bringing some of their indigenous program participants coming to the game).

Will be interesting to see how Jangala Bennett goes at Cronulla as an obvious Nudgee product, he is the youngest player in the QLD rugby league u20s I think.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wayne Smith in today's Australian has confirmed Kerevi off to Japan next year ( 2 year deal ) and Timu and Higgers off to France.

On the upside , apparently TT looking to extend through to the 2023 RWC.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Loss of Kerevi is hug - if they can't do a sharing deal with Suntory.
Higgers - doesn't phase me, esp by next season.
Tim - has the potential to be a loss, but hasn't yet - likely to be one of those that finds form O/S.
TT - hope thats true.

Is JP signed on for next season - that will help offset Kerevi loss somewhat.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Higs got 3 years in bordeoux i saw - That's huge for someone of 32, with a young baby, and lost one of his japanese seasons coz of neck injury. Good luck to the big weapon - one of my all time favourite @ no.6, a running, jumping, offloading, linking 6ft4 110kg weapon.

However - need another impact runner for the BR. With no Timu or Higs, either Tui becomes permanent 6 OR we go for Australian born Sunwolves backrow weapons Gunter (21yrs, 6ft4, 115kg) or Vosayaco (23, 6ft2, 103kg).

Wilson, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Wood, - all pretty similar in the no.6 position.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Loss of Kerevi is hug - if they can't do a sharing deal with Suntory.
Higgers - doesn't phase me, esp by next season.
Tim - has the potential to be a loss, but hasn't yet - likely to be one of those that finds form O/S.
TT - hope thats true.

Is JP signed on for next season - that will help offset Kerevi loss somewhat.

Petaia? Yep. Until 2022

Kerevi is a loss on the back of Paia'aua. Our top two 12s.

Take out our two ball running backrowers, in Higgers and Timu, and we're struggling there too. Talakai-Loto (as mentioned above) becomes a strong candidate there (if he stays) but Harry Wilson is maturing quickly too. In saying that Isi Naisirani, Angus Cottrell, Rob Leota and Rob Valetini are all off-contract this year I believe. The former two have obvious Brisbane ties.

Centres though? Yikes. Petaia at 13 of course. Perhaps Stewart (as some have suggested) goes to 12? That's a pretty damn good defensive pairing. Obviously players from our states may be available (we've talked Lolesio and Ikitau or Magnay and Tuipuluto before).