• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
haven't seen that about Jock Campbell. Con Foley and Scott Gale were the names I saw.

Has Perese signed for 2020?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My understanding is that yes, he has, and that he is very keen to gain an early release however the Reds aren't interested.

is that based on anything more than what was reported in the paper months ago or do you have more inside word?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
haven't seen that about Jock Campbell. Con Foley and Scott Gale were the names I saw.

Has Perese signed for 2020?

If he has then it hasn't been made public yet. Going from the teams that are signing larger numbers of new players for season 2 there's a reasonable chance it could be New Orleans.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
As promising as Veitokani is, there's gotta be some thought that he shouldn't be playing in OZ/NZ at all (well, the Kiwis can make their own call … but the guy should really be playing in Fiji teams and for Fiji).

On the other hand, if he needs the cash, then go to Europe. Veitokani cannot be poached—or at least I am assuming that it's neither desraible nor feasible—so him playing for the Reds can only make Australia's own (already weak) flyhalf stocks even weaker.

Hawera
Foley
Quade
?

if Wallabies 10 stocks are low, you can't blame veitokani for that, blame Chieka, he never gave any of them a chance. the best 10 is australia sadly is Quade, followed by To'omua, then Foley , then Lance, then Hawera, then Stewart.. Fiji needs another 10 playing somewhere, Ben Volavola is crap but he keeps getting picked cause he is our coach'e secret lovechild (most believe it so), which means he doesn't pick any backup 10's either, the best currently active 10 fiji has is Josh Matavesi but Mcshit hates him so much that Josh has given up on being called up. Josh is a good friend of mine..tehr are no good 10's locally, we have one that is a 9/10 combo but he is always penalised more than anyone else (Serupepeli Vularika), and another who is a bit too tiny at 10 but really good and might be our backup10 come 2020 (Jone Manu) but we really need an enterprsing 10 playing in a top competition, Top14 is a shit competition for fijians unless they are wingers... they have converted more of our 10's, 9's, locks, forwards and even props to wingers than any other competition.. even nacebe who now plays in prod2 is being played on..u guessed it..wing..

B

Bobby Sands

I agree.

You build good players by having good programs.

We need to pick the best available talent and then let the players compete and learn from each other.

Any other thought is backwards and only creating further impediment to to making the Reds better.

The Reds will contribute to Australian rugby by winning.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
if Wallabies 10 stocks are low, you can't blame veitokani for that
I ain't blaming him.

Quade, followed by To'omua, then Foley , then Lance, then Hawera, then Stewart.. Fiji needs another 10 playing somewhere
So does Australia.

Brisbanites on these pages have said Veitokani won't be playing at 10 for the Reds. Utility backup - fullback at best - from those highly connected opinions. Is that going to be big dollars? I dunno.

Euroland is the option for cashing in.

Or you want him actually playing 10 somewhere … paid contract for Fiji in World Series Rugby.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
they keyword is "actually" playing 10, bar volavola there is no fijian out there playing 10 for any club..we were keeping an eye out for Teti Tela last year but he barely got game time and most times he came on as a 12 for Reds..fiji backs are suffering cause we have a 10 incapable of reading the game..he has played with good teams like crusaders and rebels and bordeaux but he has been dumped by all 3 for teh same reason, he isn't that good...again, if chieka refuses to pick other 10's, you can't blame an outsider, Jack Deb gained form for the rebels, never considered by chieka so he left for NZ where he is doing exceptionally well, whose fault was his loss? if cheika has made up his mind that foley is his only 10 with To'omua and beale as backup, it means he won't be considering another 10 till his term expires so might as well make aussie super rugby teams better by injecting a good 10 cause reds were crap last season and stewart honestly was horrible.... Lance kept them going but he is gone now..

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Again, where is this stuff coming from? Links, or context to statements would make these comments more useful. I can't find any info he has signed with a NZ Super Side.

Assuming these guys each have some form of inside word with a player/team hence why the gossip is so unsubstantiated and varied.