• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
1.0 has discipline issue, veitokani doesn't...one of the very few fijians with a clean career honestly...i have been in contact with his cousin who also works as his agent, lets hope he gets an offer to play 10 in UK or Ireland.. Fijians get wasted in france.. apparently they are all wings, they recently took one of our best props and played him on the wing :/

B

Bobby Sands

A St Pats boy by the name of Lachlan Connors, currently at bond was the 8 in that team. I hope we are keeping tabs on him at least.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Kohan made the decision to head over to New Zealand. I'm pretty sure he has some New Zealand heritage in his family? Nonetheless a QLD boy. Quite a few youngsters have gone over straight out of school and haven't heard much out of. Josh Vuta, Kohan Herbert, Matt Wilshere (Could be incorrect spelling? TGS 2016 Aus Schoolboy), Tyler Campbell and Nick Frost just from recent memory.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I feel your pain, a kick in the teeth to the young bloke where he could do nothing to improve things.

It is odd though that Thorn was interested in, as you say, Quade 2.0 when he didn’t want 1.0 due to “going in a different direction”.

To be fair to Veitokani, he is not Quade 2.0.........

dru

Tim Horan (67)
To be fair to Veitokani, he is not Quade 2.0...

This is one of those seemingly harmless statements that is actually derision. No Veitokani is not Quade 2.0 (it wasn’t my statement), though I doubt we are slightly on the same page in our thoughts here.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Parents are kiwis. Based at the Gold coast and did his final couple of years at school at Downlands. Moved back to where his family is from.

Good player no doubt but to be honest 7 is the only position that Aus Rugby pumps out. If you ask every forwards at under 10 onwards what position do you play they all say 7.

B

Bobby Sands

Can Teti Tela play? Why did we sign him over Tasi, other than the fact that he can ball-play? Tasi appears to have much more elite level up-side.

Gees how did Souths not win the comp this year!?

B

Bobby Sands

Good player no doubt but to be honest 7 is the only position that Aus Rugby pumps out. If you ask every forwards at under 10 onwards what position do you play they all say 7.

Kohan is not the traditional Ozzy over the ball seven though. He appears to be very combative, and plays like a six to be honest, but with more mobility. I would be doing plenty to get him back.

The good news though, is that he was in the same Schoolboy team as Nick Frost, son of Australian head of retention. So at the very least they would be very aware of both of them, and I would imagine trying to bring them both home at some point.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can Teti Tela play? Why did we sign him over Tasi, other than the fact that he can ball-play? Tasi appears to have much more elite level up-side.

Gees how did Souths not win the comp this year!?

Tasi joining Cooper and heading to the Rebels for the pre season

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't mind tbh. Teti Tela part of the squad this year and is a good player. Continue his development and keeps squad together. Unlucky for Tasi but he is very raw. Very talented but raw

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, great to see Tasi getting a gig somewhere, there's no way he was going to fit with us already having the best depth in the country at 13. I'm just surprised it wasn't the tahs that picked him up, if anyone could use options at 13 it's them.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yeah, great to see Tasi getting a gig somewhere, there's no way he was going to fit with us already having the best depth in the country at 13. I'm just surprised it wasn't the tahs that picked him up, if anyone could use options at 13 it's them.

100% agree. Once the dogs started barking about magneys return I'm surprised they didn't pounce. Could have done with Slipper too.

Any further word on what backrower the Reds have picked up?