• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Tuttle did his Achilles.. twice in consecutive seasons.
Ready prioritised partying and having a good time during the week when he should have been focusing on recovery and training.
I forgot how good Tuttle was. Looks like he’s done his hammy.
Surely we can take Ready back, if he has learnt his lesson. We need 3 quality hookers - BPA, Mafi and Ready. Didn’t rate our reserve hooker last night.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah its good to see Ready return to form and play quality rugby again, he was always a promising hooker. Like Frisby he just lost his way for a bit there.

Whilst it would be good to have a 3rd quality super rugby hooker on the books, the Force will be eager to lock him up for next season as well. With a reduced budget for 2021 I don't think the Reds would be able to offer him much financially, and if he remains in Perth he will probably receive a lot more game time as well.

Tuttle was a disappointing outcome, i really rate him as well, and too his credit not many professional athletes come back from one Achilles injury, let alone two in consecutive seasons.

B

Bobby Sands

I forgot how good Tuttle was. Looks like he’s done his hammy.
Surely we can take Ready back, if he has learnt his lesson. We need 3 quality hookers - BPA, Mafi and Ready. Didn’t rate our reserve hooker last night.

I would honestly prefer he stay out west as a starter.

I like the idea that he was banished and then came good in a foreign land.

Stories like that are the only way WA, Rebels etc can be competive.

I’d love to see Perth be awesome, and have a thriving rugby community.

But yes, I agree, he’s playing bloody well.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Christ. Ready and Tuttle went off the rails? After YEARS of the Reds being so far off the rails it was ridiculous. Then Thorn hard man turns up.

Look, I know they could have done better, but honestly, in some ways they have been our greatest servants.

Wish them the best.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
No - Tuttle never went off the rails. He had back to back injuries and we had to chose between keeping him and losing one of our other halves. We opted to let him go. I don’t ever recall anything coming out to suggest it was anything other then being unable to keep all our halves.

I do recall that Ready was given several chances.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Speaking of our halves, I’ve been impressed with Sorovi in the last 2 games. He always had talent but seemed in the past a bit indecisive/flaky. Last night and last week I thought he was energetic and crisp. I think I remember 1 bad pass, but otherwise I thought he was good.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Speaking of our halves, I’ve been impressed with Sorovi in the last 2 games. He always had talent but seemed in the past a bit indecisive/flaky. Last night and last week I thought he was energetic and crisp. I think I remember 1 bad pass, but otherwise I thought he was good.
Sorovi was electric last night.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sorovi is a bit like an Aldi Will Genia. Lots of similar attributes to the original, but not quite there.

I think he adds a much more electric running game than McDermott and Malolua, and his kicking game is top notch. It's his pass accuracy and decision making that is sometimes questionable but those things improve with game time.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
In his last two press conferences Thorn has made specific mention of how hard & patient Sorovi has been working in the back ground to get his game to where it needs to be.

His passing game seems much more accurate to me in the last two weeks. If he nails that piece, he will be a real weapon off the bench.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Let’s not get too worried yet.
95E80E81-24D5-44A4-8E5E-7C2037779E9D.png

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
In his last two press conferences Thorn has made specific mention of how hard & patient Sorovi has been working in the back ground to get his game to where it needs to be.

His passing game seems much more accurate to me in the last two weeks. If he nails that piece, he will be a real weapon off the bench.
He also has no strapping on his legs, when he fell out of favour coincided with his knees looking like the Michelin man. Maybe his improving form comes with confidence in his legs being able to step and pivot

Reactions: TSR

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, if Sorovi can clean up the mistakes he often makes (had made) in his game, he has all the attributes to be a world class 9. He's an electric eel - lightning fast and slippery as all hell, obviously he's been erratic and error prone -- but he's looked really controlled and focused these last two games. So far as Sorovi's physical tools go he's probably ahead of McDermott obviously Mo's not got the kicking game, nor the playmaking of Tate, but Mo is just so dam fast it's not funny.
And having Malolua as your third halfback option is a VERY luxurious position to be in.

As for Ready, I'd love to have him back, shocked he's not in the Wallabies setup at the moment, I though surely he's a top 3 hooker in Australia especially the way he fought his way off the bench and then just got better with every game. But probably too little too late. And I'd agree we won't likely be able to bring him back if we wanted to -- plus I agree with those who have fitness concerns about him. But he's playing BLOODY good footy!

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
When Ready is happy, fit and in form he's a gun. He's the type of player that get's better with consistent game time and thrives playing with a bit of chip on his shoulder/hate of the opposition vibe. Just has had problems being easily tempted into a good time in the past. I have been impressed by both him and Kaitu'u

B

Bobby Sands

Yeah, if Sorovi can clean up the mistakes he often makes (had made) in his game, he has all the attributes to be a world class 9. He's an electric eel - lightning fast and slippery as all hell, obviously he's been erratic and error prone -- but he's looked really controlled and focused these last two games. So far as Sorovi's physical tools go he's probably ahead of McDermott obviously Mo's not got the kicking game, nor the playmaking of Tate, but Mo is just so dam fast it's not funny.
And having Malolua as your third halfback option is a VERY luxurious position to be in.

As for Ready, I'd love to have him back, shocked he's not in the Wallabies setup at the moment, I though surely he's a top 3 hooker in Australia especially the way he fought his way off the bench and then just got better with every game. But probably too little too late. And I'd agree we won't likely be able to bring him back if we wanted to -- plus I agree with those who have fitness concerns about him. But he's playing BLOODY good footy!

He gets very thirsty as a result of being so good at footy.

B

Bobby Sands

When Ready is happy, fit and in form he's a gun. He's the type of player that get's better with consistent game time and thrives playing with a bit of chip on his shoulder/hate of the opposition vibe. Just has had problems being easily tempted into a good time in the past. I have been impressed by both him and Kaitu'u

Let's leave him there, he's thriving!

Good for him, and good for rugby.