• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Reading the write up I didn’t realise Henry went to BBC. I thought he played in the AIC comp. Did he play in the 2nd team, and was a late bloomer? Can’t remember him playing state or in contention for Aus U18’s.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Kalani Thomas was the youngest player in Sugby Rugby this year if I’m not mistaken, would be the 2nd or 3rd youngest player to debut for Reds in Super Rugby. Mac Grealy was the 2nd youngest player in Super Rugby this year.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The St.George Queensland Reds have secured the signatures of exciting backline trio Mac Grealy, Kalani Thomas and Isaac Henry for the next two seasons.

The official announcement pretty much backs up what most thought regarding the Hegarty departure, the Reds had their resources tied up elsewhere. Happy with these three sticking around.

Really need Grealy to come through, QPR seems to have plenty of good centres. Paisami and Henry two great examples of blokes picked from QPR who've thrived. But fullback has been the constant weak link.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Great to see the reds aren't resting on their laurels like the pre-Thorn years and are continually blooding, developing, and signing young (Queensland) talent. Big call, but we might be witnessing the start of a new golden era for QLD rugby

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
The official announcement pretty much backs up what most thought regarding the Hegarty departure, the Reds had their resources tied up elsewhere. Happy with these three sticking around.

Really need Grealy to come through, QPR seems to have plenty of good centres. Paisami and Henry two great examples of blokes picked from QPR who've thrived. But fullback has been the constant weak link.
Grealy is going to be an impressive player. His height and weight is that of a halfback which might play against him moving beyond Super Rugby. What’s going on with Jock Campbell?

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Hi Roberts

I am pretty sure he played 10 for the Firsts in 2016. Might have also been captain??

Cheers

Yes, Captain & 10 in 2016
20160730_DSC_0073.jpg

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
In 2016 is was the Isaac Lucas show, and others playing flyhalf didn’t get a look in at rep level. There was a kid from Marist named Isaac who followed close behind Lucas. Can’t think of his last name, but he was a natural talent. Wonder where he is now?