• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Would URU be in the sights of Fiji Rugby and the possible Fijian Super Rugby team?

Is it better for the game if he leaves??? (not for the Reds obviously)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Would URU be in the sights of Fiji Rugby and the possible Fijian Super Rugby team?

Don't see why he would. Even if Fiji Drua can post competitive salaries at Super Rugby level, Uru would be eyeing a Wallaby jersey and top-up. Fiji still don't really pay their players.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Don't see why he would. Even if Fiji Drua can post competitive salaries at Super Rugby level, Uru would be eyeing a Wallaby jersey and top-up. Fiji still don't really pay their players.

I read something that their salaries will be the comparable to nz super rugby (but adjusted for the lower cost of living in Fiji).

Sooo probably not much.

Wilson

David Codey (61)

According to Geoff Webster (back when he was in charge at Fiji) he pissed someone off in the upper echelons back when he was 18, had his card marked never to be selected.

Edit: Source

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
He was approached this year but is determined to play for the Wallabies.
This is music to my ears - I fully expect Uru to cement a spot in the Reds' starting XV next year, and well and truly in the fray for the gold jersey. A standout player who is blossoming with every minute of game time he gets

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
This is music to my ears - I fully expect Uru to cement a spot in the Reds' starting XV next year, and well and truly in the fray for the gold jersey. A standout player who is blossoming with every minute of game time he gets

Cement a spot?

Who’s spot?

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
That's the only question. Definitely not complaining about having some depth though - hopefully the battles for position will result in good performances all round

Whilst I don’t doubt Uru talent

Perhaps he is on the bench because of that versatility he offers. 4, 5, 6, 8 - fair to say he could play those 4 positions.

If I was a betting man and Uru was to crack the starting lineup then it’s going to happen in the second row. Only way I see him taking someone spot in the back row is unfortunately by injury.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Uru’s obviously a good signing, the other two offer squad depth but don’t expect them to be much more then that

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wasnt there something about ASY (Angus Scott-Young) thinking of doing study overseas (horwillesque)?

Thus most likely open to moving there if he can play rugby then move back into studies.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Wasnt there something about ASY (Angus Scott-Young) thinking of doing study overseas (horwillesque)?

Thus most likely open to moving there if he can play rugby then move back into studies.
He started a Doctor of Medicine at UQ last year, so unless it's an international opportunity as part of that (which I imagine would be particularly unlikely given the current COVID situation), I doubt he'd look to move abroad until he's finished in a few years

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
So Uru resigned.

From the front page of this thread you have Liam Wright , ASY (Angus Scott-Young) and Wallis with contracts ending this year.

Wilson and McReight have contracts already inclusive of next year, as does TTT.

We have a stacked back row progression , but someone you think will miss out.

The priority should be 2/4/5 and 10.