• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I have continued to make excuses for Petaia for 2 years. Enough is enough. Whilst I understand that the touches on the ball depend on the halves for an outside centre and wing, the unforced errors and lack on run metres are dependent on him. He needs to get some consistency and make his own opportunities. I think he’s lucky to get a bench position.
I have always thought that Petaia at this stage of his career is a bit like a young Kurtley Beale or Quade Cooper. He is capable of ridiculously good plays where he displays a skill level that is above all other backs on the field and often this involves scoring tries that make you shake your head in disbelief at what he can do on a Rugby park. Then you realise that even for all of this "x factor" that he possesses he actually has some flaws in his game that make it hard to build a side around as other players have to make up for the small things he is missing or does not do to Super Rugby standard.

Sometimes a team is better off having consistent and not flashy players who just do their job bloody well to build a team around.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I am also curious as to why Dru seems so set that Petaia has been meh yet Daugunu is okay. Statistically Jordan has outperformed Daugunu so far this year

A snapshot of the Tahs game:

Petaia - 4 runs, 28m gained, 1 try, 4 tackles made, 1 missed tackle

Daugunu - 2 runs, 12m gained, 0 tries, 2 tackles made, 3 missed tackles

Both players turned the ball over three times whether from a pilfer or handling error, arguably Daugunu loses the turnover category as well by giving the Tahs a great chance to win the game at the death with that dropped ball.
Agree.
Where do you find these sort of statistics for future reference?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
This years indigenous jersey has been unveiled with the Women using it for all away games:

1646355328682.png

This is easily my favourite indigenous jersey they've done.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yep it looks great - the predominantly pink colouration goes really well with the standard jersey colour. I hope the men's is the same.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yep it looks great - the predominantly pink colouration goes really well with the standard jersey colour. I hope the men's is the same.
Yeah article says it is and they'll were it for indigenous round. The colouring is designed to represent both teams - top left is pink and purple representing the women, bottom right is black and red representing the men

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is the indigenous jersey going to be offered to the public? Went to order one but can't find it.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Sorry not everyone can be like the tahs, sacrificing a main sponsor just so their fans can buy clean skin jerseys
I think you’ve taken that the wrong way.
I know you need sponsorship...without it all sports would struggle.
There is a touch of irony though with the amazing aboriginal design representing the original inhabitants of our land, which I love, and smack bank in the middle is a big banks’ symbol.
I just hate it on all jerseys.
Not just the Reds.
It ruins an amazing design, that’s all.
I know the Tahs need a major sponsor and so I’m sure their jerseys will be ‘ruined’ soon!

Last edited:

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Being that the Reds jerseys currently for sale don't have the sponsor on them, maybe this will be the same.