• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

A representative from Argentina is rarely involved in a SANZAAR disciplinary matter. The only one who I can see as having previous involvement is the former referee José Luis Rolandi. He has also been on RWC judiciary panels.

Generally the panels are barristers and lawyers with sports law and prior judiciary experience and a former player.

Tupou's panel is a NZ barrister, NZ lawyer and a former South African player.

SANZAAR is run out of Sydney.
say no more --

looks like a rub out the competition one way or another type deal

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Petaia was recruited as a fullback. Kerevi was injured for most of his first season (2018)so the kid was thrown into the centres. Only now he is getting the opportunity he was originally recruited for. Check history it was Thorn who marked him as a future FB but circumstances have meant he has plugged holes at centre and wing. Talk to anyone who saw him play his final year of HS he was destined to be a FB his coaches were surprised to hear the banter pushing him to center. Maybe he will just be a great utility player now can play 4 positions but be nice to see him have some consistent time at FB to develop. He had a great kicking game in HS but due to position he fell behind in pecking order. Hopefully he will now be allowed to focus instead of the coaches using him as their go to stop gap . But its a team sport so I am sure he will do whatever the coaches require, very unselfish player wants whats best for the team. I know my son played with him in league where he also excelled and his dad pushed him to put the team first and stay humble. One year he won the B&F ( as often was case) but his dad was involved in the coaching group so he told them to award to another player to encourage that player - Jordan was really happy for the kid too. Funny when you read things about him from people who have no idea of his background and his work ethic. Just turned 22 so time to improve as no where near his peak yet. And the news he has rejected a massive offer from England to stay loyal to Australian rugby shows where his heart and priorities are. Still grieving for his Dad but also likely inspired by the tragedy . Really disappointing at times to see how people overly critique him instead of having a complete view of a young developing player who wants to serve his country well. All the best Jordan you do you !
I've often wonder how he has been after losing his father. I dread the day I lose one of my elderly parents, but to lose a parent so young must be an altogether other experience.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Daugunu situation is strange. He didn't have the best first 2 outings this year but still. Should be in the 23.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Could also ask the question about Ilaisa Droasese as well. Even taken his pick off the website so I guess there is some sort of issue.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting that Jim Tucker is reporting that Tupou’s citing came about because of a process that the Brumbies initiated.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Michael Atkinson was on rugby heaven last night and addressed this claim, saying it hadn't originated from the Brumbies and was instead started by the citing commisioner.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I dunno. I don’t think there is anything wrong with teams being able to make a referral to the citing commission. It doesn’t remove the obligation of the citing commission to decide if it should go ahead or not.

I more found it interesting because, from what I’ve seen, players rarely rat on each other. If anything they let each other get away with indiscretions. I’ve viewed the footage plenty of times and I don’t see any problem with the incident - but this does make me wonder if Brown did feel contact with his head.

Anyway, sorry - probably shouldn’t have bought it up.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I dunno. I don’t think there is anything wrong with teams being able to make a referral to the citing commission. It doesn’t remove the obligation of the citing commission to decide if it should go ahead or not.

I more found it interesting because, from what I’ve seen, players rarely rat on each other. If anything they let each other get away with indiscretions. I’ve viewed the footage plenty of times and I don’t see any problem with the incident - but this does make me wonder if Brown did feel contact with his head.

Anyway, sorry - probably shouldn’t have bought it up.
For mine, I think it's pretty clear from the footage that there is some contact with the head, but from the side of Tupou's arm and not his shoulder. Although, from Brown's perspective, I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes when it's Tupou at full steam!

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Valetini's neck roll made more contact with a Reds players head than TT after Brown couldn't take the force.

Don't see us complaining about that.....

Last edited: